Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Media Player Problem

Options
  • 20-07-2004 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

Whenever I try to open media files on the net and Media Player opens automatically, the following appears:
    0xC00D1198: Cannot connect to the server

Why is this? It used to be okay but I got broadband from UTV last week, maybe that has something to do with it?

I even downloaded the latest version of Media Player but no use.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

You might need to run the Internet Connection WIzard again. Myabe Media Player thinks you're still using a modem or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

is it set to use a http proxy or anything like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

The protocol is to HTTP in the streaming proxy settings. Should it not be? I have it on auto-detect. What are MMS and RTSP protocols?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

RTSP is the real time streaming/security protocol, it basically just allows your system to dynamically adjust to the available bandwidth to reduce jitter etc

mms protocol is a means of conecting a unicast transmission to a url rather than through a hyperlink, it is windows media player specific using the udp protocol stack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Thanks for all the info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement