Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I really don't wish to debug!!!

Options
  • 20-07-2004 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

I keep getting the following error message while on the internet.

"A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to debug?"

Line: 81
    Error: 'T06b' is undefined

This is doing my head in. I'm running IE 6 (I think) and Windows XP Pro 2002.

Is there any way of getting rid of this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=174925&highlight=debug
    (asked only yesterday so a quick search would have found it)

Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab, look for the tickbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Tools --> Internet Options --> Advanced tab, under Browsing the fourth option is Disable script debugging, could be that. I know I've managed this in the past but can't remember which option it is exactly.
    <edit> or do as Sceptre says. Damn my slow typing and checking of IE options </edit>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Originally posted by sceptre
    (asked only yesterday so a quick search would have found it)

Did a search under Windows which didn't throw anything up so that's why I asked. Thanks all the same, I'll try what you suggested to get rid.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I may have come across too snappy (no adequate smiley so a :) will have to do)

It's one of those things that really doesn't make sense to have on by default (given that a tiny minority will want it and they're the types who can find it and turn it on). I'd have been a bit more precise about /what/ to do with the tickbox but Microsoft had it one way ("disable") for one version of IE, and another (oddly enough, "enable") for another. Either way, switch it to what it currently isn't (if that makes sense outside my head). Jor el's put in the extra step I'm missing and assuming he's using the same version of IE as you, just do exactly what he said.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;188296

To Disable Dr. Watson

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit.exe in the Open box, and then click OK.
    2. Locate and click the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ AeDebug

5. Delete the AeDebug key.

NOTE: This data value (drwtsn32 -p %ld -e %ld -g) is specific to Dr. Watson. Alternative debuggers will have their own values and parameters.

• Advertisement
Advertisement