Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my new comp is not working

Options
  • 20-07-2004 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

i,ve just started up my first build comp and its not working properly

when i start it up it works for a couple of seconds then it shuts off everything seems to be working.

when i keep trying to turn it lasts shorter and shorter til it only works for a socond or two but if i leave it for a couple of min it will work for about 20 seconds

i need help badly

amd 64 3000
    zalman 7000
    msi kn8 neo plat
    mushkin level one 512mb
    ati 9800pro lite with artic cooler with R360 core may i add!!!
    casage 400w psu
    samsung 160gb

help me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

sounds a bit like the heatsink mighnt be on right, give that a check first...is there any beeps from the motherboard....do you see the boot screen??? bit more info pls...nice spec on the machine

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Beno

i'll check that heat sink now no there is no beeps and it does go to the setup screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

I'm havin a similar problem by the sounds of things, except the machine thats giving me grief has been workin for 3/4 months. It just started this crap out of nowhere. I think the RAM might be fudged.

it was the heat sink but i have a diff problem now when i start it up it just says verifying DMI pool data.... and it stays like that

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Colud be the aul fan speed crapola..is the cpu fan connected to the motherboard...usually if it's not then as a safety measure it will shut down the pc because it thinks the fan is not running.There should be an option in the bios to disable it:)

The DMA pool data is the hard drive,erm it should just skip past that...

Good Luck,
    CC

• Advertisement

ive got the shuting down prob fixed but now it just says
    verifying DMI pool data....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

What frequency does your memory run at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

unplug everything except 1 stick of ram, the cpu+cooler and the graphics card.

Then one by one add in everything, until it freezes at that point agian. Then you know where your problem is.

And just for future reference, stuff like this really belongs in the computer forum i think :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Check to make sure yo uhave the cables the right way around. Ohh and in the right place. Ie the HD into the HD IDE connector and not the CD Rom.

Sounds like cables...... ohh and as a BTW that PSU looks dodgy for your system.

Advertisement