Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buenas Dias, One and All

Options
  • 06-04-1999 7:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hey Guyz & Galz,

A couple of pretty good games last nite, i think - although it was a pain in the watoosie that many of us couldn't log on sad.gif

I had fun playing against vagga for a while & then even more fun playing with him smile.gif

But damn - a lot of new people on the server, quite a lot of muppetry, a fair amount of whining ... vag & I were playing broadside & got thrashed 5-0 or something with vag on offense & me mostly on unsupported defense (and a ton of muppets doing god knows what!) - then the map changes to dangerous crossing so I decide to try out one tactics learned from jakfrost's dang. crossing demos - basically get in lite with energy pack, launch from the top of your base, ski up and over the hills and in .0005 seconds (or there abouts) hit the top of the other base. Lay a few grenades into their base taking out all equipment and all personnel - jump down on flag and immediately jumpjet up to avoid turrets...go home, cap flag, repeat.

The match was over very quickly & while I over-did it (I got too excited that it was working & didn't really give my teammates a chance - sorry bout that, wont happen again) a torrent of whining was unleashed from the other team - all from new players to the server ... this was after being us being trashed on the previous map (not by the whiners, i might add - the guys who did the work on the previous map dropped)!!

It would have been annoying except it was too ridiculous - one guy was complaining about how me capping their flag made it a boring game... HELLO?? last i looked dangerous crossing was a CTF map - i only felt guilty about being greedy & not letting my own team get a chance.

I think the moral of the story is to get the second server up & more practice sessions & then get involved in the formal clan games.

I find myself getting more lassez-faire on IGN.ie - unless I'm with a bunch that i know (all you guys) - where i'm happy to fulfill a role like defense - I find it harder to even want to try and get my public team to work together - a lot of the time it's easier to go offense and hammer the enemy ... not ideal i know, but...

anyways - just a rambling morning rant as I'm grumpy about having to go to work after my croissant eating holiday in Paris smile.gif

talk to y'all soon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

To be honest there seems to be no in-between these days either you loose to 1 or zip (8 - 0/1) or you win yo 1 or zip. This is unavoidable but annoying.

Yesterday at one stage it was me against chung and rev then I got 2 others who liked to ask for apc's and targets and what not, while to be annoying I flew all chung and revs flying stuff off the map so with 30 mins to go (4 nil down) they had no vehicles left and our base was secure for the rest of the game ! the next game, the server was full, and fair play we were murdered, and the next game we were murdered, then we won to nill (after some team changes smile.gif) ect. there seems to be a pattern here

I re-logged on at 11 ish, as the server was full all nite and there was 5 'EM' lads on one team and we were finnishing games in 15 - 20 mins tops, there some good guys on the other team but they just left after a while and the games disintigrated.

Chung, you under estimate your self, I recon that you r one of the best attackers playing the game, and I, myself would not fancy defending You, Teeth, Fiend and Jag (with me or brit coming along, in heavy for moral support smile.gif)to pick a combo, you talk down but you must have capped the flag 20 odd times in 3 or 4 games last nite ? (But you still did not get my gen on scarabee smile.gif)

I think nog said it somewhere else, teeth I recon we should step up the whole team thing cos otherwise it getting crap as which ever team has the most 'EM' lads more often than not murders the other team. We could have a look at the HH lads or there r a few around with 'CCK' or summat who r a load of poo-poo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

lol - forgot about that - it was hilarious I'm like where the HELL are our vehicles??? then Vaggabond sez (ever so innocently - you cheeky monkey) 'how come you guys aren't flying any more ?'

... sheesh you know that sinking feeling & realisation that you have really been bamboozled...hahah smile.gif That was definitely one of the classiest tricks i've seen so far - i wuz like 'Nooo, it's not true... he couldn't have... noooo'. My respect to you for that one smile.gif

Also that was probably a big factor in you guys holding on to your gens - i got shut down SO many times trying for them that it became an obsession - but it would take me that much longer to hit you, die, then ski back over, hit you, die, ski back... that was a good match!

back to work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Suds

Last night played on some neat servers

On snow blind (every server i joined seemed to be on snowblind...) people are really getting into teamplay - one problem seems to be that as soon as 2 or 3 manage to get teamplay coordinating an attackj on the enemy base a regular flag capture can occur which leads to 8-0 wins..

I must admit that the teamplay on the ign server is coming along last night some coordinated attacks were done very well and when the onimous but regular "cover me" was shouted 3 friendlies held the route home knocking off the bad guys...

Take it nasties!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Suds

Oh yeah, and nothing gives me greater pleasure than joining a losing team who are 7-0 down and coordinating a defense fo the flag for the last 30 mins or so smile.gif

Bummer aint it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

There were some good things going - towards the end (on snowblind) a guy named Anzariba or something like that (seen him a few times) got going on the old organisation front. I was a bit fed up in general at this point, but he asked for individuals to join him on an organised assault.

Scenario was that about 4 heavies where sitting on their base defending. I thought this a bit silly really as I and others had capped their flag a few times and they were badly behind - i think at that point you gotta get really aggressive. Anyway, they got their defensive act together & were doing a great job and were shutting down _all_ offensive attacks.

Anz. asked for teammates to join a co-ordinated offense & volunteer to kamikaze the heavies so he could get in & nab the flag. My glory had been achieved at that point (hehheh) so he got myself & Fishd (I think it was) and a couple of others to do the dirty deed.

It took two tries - the first was a bit messy but we battered them a bit & we all died. Anz was quick with a 'chung,fish meet at tower' which we did. Assault no. two was perfect - skating down, up in the air, 6 grenades on a heavy's heads - grenadelauncher to clear out room & cover all the way home ... pretty class cos these guys had been very effective at shutting us down previously and no lone wolf was going to get by without great luck.

it's obvious i know, but when you see a bit of org. wonders do happen smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmm yep good games last night. I was one of the poor sods defending against yas on Snowblind. I much prefer my normal duties of "demolition man" on maps like Broadside I always go for the Power Generators and then trash the rest of the enemy base. Theres nothing that I enjoy more than hearing the opposition cursing after I've turned their lights off. Another thing I noticed especially on Dangerous Crossing the amount of people that leave the inv station behind the base alone. Last night I tried to make sure that the enemy did not have an inv station working for too long smile.gif

Gandalf the Destroyer !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

awwww and im missing it all smile.gif
    back to annoy yez sooon tongue.gif (like tonite hehe)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

There's a cool idea for a mod.... a system that actually does turn the base lights out when the generator goes.... so in order to fix it, you need to venture down in the dark.... Bwahahahaha....

/me goes to scribble thoughts in the Storm Force IX development bible.... smile.gif

Mata ne!
    Rob

Advertisement