Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ebay Feedback Flaw

• 20-07-2004 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

I'm sure a lot of people on here have used Ebay, and I imagine you all check out the sellers feedback before you buy from a seller. In the past year I have had four instances where the goods I bought turned out to be counterfeit. Each time I have got all my money back but it has been a hassle to do. Basically I logde a fraud report and leave negative feedback. Each time I got contacted by Square Trade to sort it out and each time I have got my money back by agreeing to remove the feedback. At the end of the day the seller still goes on to sell counterfeit goods but maintains good feedback. In the past I have always thought positive feedback was a sign of a good seller but now I know this is not the case. And as regards a counterfeit item, in order to be covered and reimbursed by Ebay the goods have to be inspected before they will pay out, so basically if you get stung with a counterfeit item costing $100, you have to pay about $100 to have your item inspected to get $80 back from Ebay aswell as having to pay your shipping. It stinks.

Comments

I lost £100 GBP on paying for dvds which never existed.

Did I get my money back? Not a cent.

check out this page I made.

http://www.buffysims.com/ebay/ebay.html

Keep in mind when reading the website that I am 17 years old and have little or no knowledge of fraud :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Her feedback is abysmal. Did you get anywhere with the fraud report? She is no longer registered so I doubt you will get anything out of it. Ebay don't really give a toss about this kind of thing, they just cover their ass as little as the need to. Did you get the sellers contact details through Ebay?

I dd actually, but what am I gonna do? Call her up and ask for my money? I got her address too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

jesus, look at her feedback, then click on the people that have bought off her, and you'll see that she has bought lots of things orr her and a load of other dummy accounts.
    that account was set-up to scam.

• Advertisement

Bitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

How did she manage to get two people to win the auction?

That's pretty scary stuff there, fortunately it wasn't your life savings.

No. Two different auctions. Two Buyers. One product.

This she doubles the amount she gets for one item while sending the proof of postage to the person she DIDNT send the item to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

I won an auction about 4 days ago but the seller hasn't gotten back to me with the shipping price/total. I'm getting a bit worried now though since if it's taking him this long to just send one email after I sent 2 reminders how long will it take to actually get the goods. I can't leave negative feedback since he hasn't taken my money and he might just be genuinely delayed by something...how long should I wait before I give negative feedback?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Well, i had won an action which cost me 40euros,
    the international shipping was 20 euros which was stated.
    I usually like to recieve a personal email from the person to show me they're active and have no problems emailing back.
    He sent me the invoice, and 2 reminders to pay. so i paid and I recieved the item. bit mad how it all happened with no communication between each other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by David Lynch
    No. Two different auctions. Two Buyers. One product.

This she doubles the amount she gets for one item while sending the proof of postage to the person she DIDNT send the item to.
    So, always check for duplicated auctions huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

Fair play to you for pursuing this to the extent that you have.

If I ever had a legal problem that required me to resort to the courts, I'm not sure that I'd like to have her representing me... notwithstanding all her years study of the law and whatnot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Originally posted by Lenny:
    Well, i had won an action

Theres no such thing as winning an auction, thats a myth created by e-bay's marketing department.

Anyone can 'win' by offering more than anyone else is willing to pay, which is kinda another way of saying more than the item is worth:dunno:
    (I gave up on e-bay a year ago, buy & sell is much better imho)

I sent a fraud complaint to ebay via post wanting some or all of my money back, but they simply said I was not within the 90 days required to file a claim. I was so pissed off because I had gotten so much information about this particular thing and had contacted other people who she had ripped off. I wonder if there is anything else I could do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

ebay sucks

why bother buying from there when you can get whatever new, with guarantees, from a shop, for just a little extra

i think the novelty value is ebays biggest selling point

+ it looks so time consuming, checking back to see if you won, checking references, contacting some possible idiot, relying on reg post :o i prefer the big buy icon, enter cc no. and forget about it until it arrives

I would disagree. I can get many things on ebay that would cost even twice as much in the shop. I can also buy things on ebay that I would have no chance of finding in the shops, ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I lost £100 GBP on paying for dvds which never existed.

Did I get my money back? Not a cent.

check out this page I made.

http://www.buffysims.com/ebay/ebay.html

http://forums.ugo.com/search.php?action=showresults&searchid=86125

http://users.ign.com/about/madat32

then tell her friends what she is up to

you were not the only one to get burned it would seem

http://www.ebay.com.hk/fdbkProfile?UserId=madat32

or you could contact her isp and tell them that she is using their service or a purpose that it was not intended

found a tiscali.co.uk email address for her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I would use her phone number and place a load of free ads in an english publication like the buy and sell, report her to the UK police for a made up crime/possible terroist/drug dealer. Bassically just p1ss her off. Wake her up in the middle of the night. But that's just me, that's what I would do. One ebay user that messed me around with Ren and Stimpy DVDs had his dads business fax as his fax. He got a few interesteing faxes, hee hee hee
    I dd actually, but what am I gonna do? Call her up and ask for my money? I got her address too.

Advertisement