Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have UTV broadband with Eircom logo

• 20-07-2004 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

I got broadband with UTV Internet last week. I still have the old eircom logo shimmering in the top righthand corner of the screen and the title bar says: Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by eircom.net. Should both of these now be UTV?
    Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is a resell of the Eircom product

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

This can be changed by a simple registry entry. OEMs do it as well to provide that warm and fuzzy we-own-you-now experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

dont worry its just the eircom software u used to use has hi-jacked internet explorer
    u can ignore it, it wont affect you in any way
    or there might be some tools online that will remove it
    or move to a browser like mozilla firefox its a more secure browser and isnt as easily hi-jacked by software

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭jd

take a look here

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=176497

You probably used an eircomnet cd. The Internet explorer administration kit used by ISPs etc allows them to customise that , as well as the help pages, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Thanks for all the info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement