Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clicksilver galway

• 20-07-2004 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

I currently have utvip in salthill galway and am not that happy with it.

I am upgrading to broadband and am attracted by utv clicksilver price, can any one tell me what it is like on for performance or am I better of with eircom.

cheers all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Generally I've found it to be fine. The pings can be high if you are planning on using it for gaming but other than that it seems to be grand these days.

And your almost guaranteed to be not better off with eircom :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Depends on what you want it for , do a search of this board over the last 3 months and you'll find alot of info . Also log onto the UTV support newsgroup to see the response from support .

At the end of the day you get what you pay for , but if you want to play games online , avoid UTV like the plague . Everything else should be fine .

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

Thanks for the comments, it sounds okay - I'm afraid the broadband is for work so will do.

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

I'd recommend Clicksilver as well. I've had it for a year now, with just a few outages. Performance is excellent for everything I use it for - general internet use (surfing, email , etc), downloading, remote access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Like the above, I find it great for everything except games, where you get modem-like pings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement