Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help again plz.

Options
  • 07-04-1999 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

I installed tribes on Windows NT but every time I try to run it I get a black screen for a few seconds and then it disappears.

Do I need special drivers to play Tribes on NT or will it just not work ?

Anyway, will one of you tech heads get back to me.

Cheers,

Jade - Teeths Tribal Girlfriend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Not until you get those -'s out of your name, biatch. tongue.gif

(you possibly need a late version of DirectX to run Tribes, which is why NT is barfing)
    Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

Just checked the readme.txt - it sez u need :

Windows NT 4 with Service Pack 3

You almost certainly have NT 4, but I dunno how to go about checking to make sure you have service pack 3...

hope it helps,

ck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I think that the -'s are just a vain attempt to his miserably short name longer tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Terror

Use Service Pack 4 and the newest Driver from your Video Card .

Terror

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Suds

Yes use SP4 and gimme ure ip when ure online next - so many holes in sp4 to drive a tractor/HPC through.. get a real os - redhat 5.2 kicks ass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

U got tribes workin on LX suddy smile.gif

musta missed that page in the manual....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

NT4 is grand, most security holes deal with using it as a webserver and patches are available, don't mind the linux techies, i spend most days laughing in IRC at normal poeple being convinced to install linux then having no end of grief getting it going smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

In fairness to Linux.... I'm still not a fan, but I did get Redhat 5.2 and XWindows up and running on a partition in about 20 minutes last night - that includes installing Apache, Perl and the C development libs, which isn't bad!

Mata ne!
    Rob

Shinji - just what the hell does mata ne mean anyway?

Es que usando idiomas estranjeras no es muy educado, me intiendes?

!Al Ataque!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

*doh*

[This message has been edited by tHE vAGGABOND (edited 08-04-99).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

shinji
    I look after a sco unix system but I get to do nothing on it but routine office stuff, I want to get into nitty gritty of unix (ie break it and figure out how to fix it smile.gif) You wouldent send us up red hat till I give it a go? I'll cover the postage, its on one or two cd's init.

How much space does it need?, I was going to give it 300-400 megs. It wont be my default OS I just want to play around with it. You swich into it via a boot up disk I presume. Is x-windows faster on the web then windoze? I have always wondered this, ppl say microsoft have slowed down brosers and the like then surely xwindows should be like a dream? Can printers (ie a HP720c0 be set up for both windoze and word perfect for linux) at the same time like

vagga

vagga - for a guy who's hungover you sure are coming up with some headbreaking stuff - what is this a bearded-unix discussion forum?

I develop under an Oracle applications environment & get my hands dirty on some unix shell scripting often enough & it can be kinda nifty, but not here - please have mercy on us. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

Poke 38756,6

wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

If you're interested in starting off Vagga, check out the ILUG - http://www.linux.ie .

Teeth.

Advertisement