Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enemy Heavies in Base on Snowblind...wtf??

Options
  • 07-04-1999 8:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

Had fun last nite for the brief time I was on (went to the pub after that) ... but I have to comment on the most ridiculous part of the nite ...

I had nabbed the nme flag and was in base in shielded heavy - all of a sudden my good compadres Teeth, Ehldas, and 1 other (all on the enemy team) were in the base (IN HEAVY inside our base!!) filling the room with grenades, mortars, small squirrels with flutes, and tiny children!! It was - no I can't say it - yes I can, MAYHEM!

The amazing thing was, I survived the first time! I kept watching other team members spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, die - meanwhile I'm trying to fling mortars out, grenades - moving in tiny hops to get outa da way of the grenade bounces with one very nervous eye on my shields (shields on, shields off, shields on, shields off - I felt like the damn Karate kid!) smile.gif

So I survived and got healed up; my team members appeared and since they weren't respawing in a crossfire survived long enough to repair the inv stats and heal me up... all good.

Then they all disappear... not good.

about 2.5 seconds later I see mortars coming in the side entrances, grenades pouring down the top entrance - oooh sh1t!

I think the most horrifying sight was seeing those 3 heavies (maybe it was 2, but it looked like 6!) back in the corridor of our base - I SWEAR they were grinning! then it was all green smoke, and darkness ... I just lay there, dead, not clicking to respawn, watching these 3 sauntering around our base, hearing distantly their 'heh-hehs' and 'thunk' 'thunk' 'thunk's ...

A few points about this experience...

1. it was v. funny smile.gif I just had to look in admiration and disbelief that they had suited up in heavy and managed to get into our base twice in a few minutes.

2. I was playing with some good players last nite - vagga, and this guy Arclite, i think, amongst others. But we got thrashed due to a complete lack of organisation/team play. I am as much to blame as I'm not hugely keen on getting people organised, but then again, I don't want to be typing much when I'm carrying the flag.

Lastly, this experience was a lesson in how uneven Snowblind is. Don't get me wrong - we got thrashed cos of poor organisation & the skill of the NME , but it is definitely much easier to get suited up and assault the western base (diamond sword, i think) than it is the eastern base - you guys got back damn quickly smile.gif

And last point about organisation - at one point I asked for backup for a base assault when Teeth had our flag and was in heavy in his base - no takers, asked a couple of times, but nada. I headed out anyway in medium armor with sensor jammer - managed to get inside the inv stat room at the base and took out Teeth's lite support - he was alone and I get in, hit him maybe once or twice before he takes me out. If one or two teammates had been following me I think he would have had trouble (then again, maybe not, heh).

Anyway, not really a rant - I though you boyos (teeth & co) might get a kick about remembering that moment smile.gif

time to get cleaned up & go to work!

[This message has been edited by ChungKing (edited 07-04-99).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Brit

Ah yes, the joys of invading in a heavy - akin only to blowing the living daylights out of snipers (in pure unadulterated satisfaction terms).

I only got to play for about half an hour last night - but it was fun nonetheless. I watched as Dr.Teeth amongst others relentlessly taunted us with his 'I'm gonna get your flag' and 'You'd better practice defense' babble smile.gif -- before I decided to suit up and head on over..

So there I was, in their base for a full 10 minutes. I blew up everything and anything (but NOT the gens*) - happily destroying all those deplorable turrets that they'd so carefully placed round corners.

And then I stole their flag. But you see, I waited - untili they stole ours. Just to be annoying smile.gif - "Dr_Teeth has taken your flag" it said. OK I thought, *thunk thunk thunk* "You have taken the enemy flag"...

And I proceeded to mine their flag area and respawn point (after chucking another mortar down the tunnel for good measure).

And then I simply left. Out past the turret, along the grassy hillock, and towards the tower. Where our good comrade Jaguar offered to take the flag from me. Now, I was concerned at this, because he offered over the public channel. But, I relented - and gave him the flag...

And he disconnected! Arrgghhhhhh...

--Brit--

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Yeah that was fun - and it's soo easy to do on the Diamond Sword base - you can ski from our tower to the side entrances in about 10 seconds total, 4 mortars and the pop-up on your side is out, then in and start flinging them into the flag room.. smile.gif Myself, Ehldas and Dar did that for most of the game until we had them broken, then we switched to light flag running.

If I'm facing serious opposition, I usually hide out in the boonies on that map.

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

yeah - when writing the post above I was thinking that I should have skedaddled with a sensor jammer and waited it out ... especially after the first heavy assault ... live and learn - or rather die and learn in this game smile.gif

By the way, Teeth, u are an amazing dogfighter & I hate you for it! I think the only time I fragged you was (a) luck and more often (b) you were lagging (which provided no satisfaction at all, as you can imagine).

I dont do enough dogfighting as it's often a waste of time in-game, but my skills suffer for it...

I'm getting better, but there are a few lads on Barrysworld who are just SCARY. If you ever see VooMer or KingOfSnake attacking - just run. smile.gif

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

akin only to blowing the living daylights out of snipers (in pure unadulterated satisfaction terms).

Bah... we poor snipers being urinated upon from a height as usual... smile.gif

Then again, the pleasure of a good headshot at long range and watching the inert body of your foe collapse in a heap is not to be underestimated.... smile.gif

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Advertisement

Soz, There's NOTHING like shredding a sniper at point-blank range with a chaingun when the poor sod is just standing there tracking people half a klick away... smile.gif

I love the way after the first half-second they jump in fright and try to get away, but it's too late! Muahahahaa!!!

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

cept for the twitch a light makes when they turn a corner and see a heavy spittin a greeny at em smile.gif

just TAKE ITTTTTT !

Advertisement