Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the licence application...

Options
  • 20-07-2004 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

myself and legofsalmon had an adventourous day that eventually ended up in the BCI looking at the licences....

firstly the BCI website is wrong, you can't look at the licences in the Library in the Ilac centre, secondly phone up the BCI and they'll be very nice to you and let you come in and have a look!

So thats what we did, while standing outside the library and pondering what to do and we phoned up and they let us coeme in at 2pm to have a lookie.

One thing i noticied and was amazed at, I think it was the XFM licence application, but they mentioned Maroon 5 at some stage as an alterantive rock group...

The amount of detail you have to go into amazed me! Hoorah the 2 petes is still on the scedule! The clean and green bit sounds kinda funny....i can't imagine people saying and that was song x by band x, and don't forget to shower instead of take a bath as it uses less water. I might have totally misinterpretted that though! Oh and heavy traffic being back will be great. And ahveing a morning show on the weekedays.

All in all, bearing in mind i didn't read any of the applcations fully and want to read them some more, I can still I liked the Phantom proposal best, it seemed to been more focused than the others, and seemed to have more idea of the market etc...
    This is totally my random very biased opinion....

what does anyone else think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

Yes indeedy we did go on an adventure to the BCI offices, and acquired free water off "Andrew" ( score :) )

Yeah I read the other licences quite a bit more than rockie there did.... due to her hogging the phantom application for aaaaaages.

Xfm I have to say look formiddible, if that is the word to use. They have the facilities in the form of the Q102 studios, and the track record from xfm london.

The programming schedulae looks weak though I have to say for them

the rest like ZedFM and those other crazy ones ( one had like like the head of abrakababra and some interior designer or something on th board of directors!!! )
    don't look as impressive as either phantom or xfm.

As for phantoms application it looks damn cool. Nice to see what everyone would be earning too if it all comes through.... :D . The shows look great alright definately the best out of all the applications. And the two petes is still there :D the little shows sound great too, like the green programme and the "science and technology" programme. also the addition of the national irish programme sounds like a briliant idea.

Otherwise I thought that there was a heavier look to the programming than I remember from ages ago, maybe its jsut my memory going after sucha long gap since I've heard a full week of programming.

All I can say is best of luck everyone who is involved with the application and everyone involved with phantom in general. It was an extremely worthwhile experience viewing the applications, and phantoms especially. Everyone one of you deserves to get phantom back on the air and deliver the "new", "fresh", "edgy" and most importantly "phantom" sound again full time.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me help at the station, I'll do anything!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ozone6280

Hi Rockiemalt
    I from Dublin Ireland but live in the Usa so I wont get a chance to see the applications Unless the BCI Puts them online on their site. I hear from a few people that Bob Geldofs UTV is that XFM is the only compitition to Phantomfm. Did you see their application how is it. Do you think lt will make a difference that Phantomfm had a Pirate background or will the BCI overlook that since they have already given them 2 temp licences.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

the applications are meant to be up online... but trust nothing that website says as it said can look at applications in a library here in which u can't! and haven't been able to for at least 2 years! its www.bci.ie if that helps though.

as for the pirate background, i haven't a clue really, but personally i don't think it should play any part in consideration for the new licence, i think they should look at the application and the 2 templicences and use that as consideration... but then again amybe i'm totally wrong!

Thanks after a little search I found them right on their site

http://www.bci.ie/l_app.html#alternative

Now we can all have a look and give our opinion

Its a pdf file so you can get a reader to open the files for free fro here

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

so take a look and give us your opinions

Thanks after a little search I found them right on their site

http://www.bci.ie/l_app.html#alternative

Now we can all have a look and give our opinion

Its a pdf file so you can get a reader to open the files for free fro here

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

so take a look and give us your opinions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Please do drop into the BCI offices (make appointment) or drop into the ILAC Centre Library (business section) for a look at the licence application. Your views on all applications are welcome and valued. Unfortunately, there dosen't seem to be a mechanism where you can put those views to the BCI.

You can also view the applications online at the links posted above to the bci web site [Adobe Acrobat Ready required and some files are quite large]

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

Originally posted by BrianD
    Please do drop into the BCI offices (make appointment) or drop into the ILAC Centre Library (business section) for a look at the licence application.

You can't actually look at them in the Ilac centre library. The BCI website is out of date!

Advertisement