Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband - Is it down?

• 20-07-2004 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine has just rang me and was telling me how his internet just vanished on him. Can anyone else comfirm that eircom is down? He's in the firhouse area.

If no-one with eircom broadband replies, i'll assume its down :p

Personally, i think it's his spyware laden computer grinding to a halt.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Nope - I can see my system online at home - Although I'm in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

i was hoping someone would say that it is down.

Now i have to go over tomorrow and troubleshoot his computer. There's no way he'd go for a reformat, but thats exactly what he badly needs :(

At the moment he's telling me that his modem was trying to dial out, and it was some strange number, but it wasn't working because there was no dial tone. It took a while for me to convince him that it wasn't his broadband router that was dialing, it was his normal modem, and then i made him call out the number, and it sounds foreign, so i assume its some kind of pron dialer. Thankfully he doesn't have his 56k connected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Hey, check internet options (in IE) --> connections and make sure it's set to never dial a connection.

Also, install ad-aware on his system and remove any buggers it finds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

it's working fine for me too on the Rochestown exchange.

Advertisement