Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland

• 04-06-2001 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I spent about a year in Ireland, a year ago... It is a beautiful country! And nice people, tradition, beer.
    And I can't stop thinking of coming back. Crazy!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Well, as you may know, things have changed, but not completely.

Drop us a line here on the boards if you want info on anything.

Changing call sign to SIERRA PAPA OSCAR OSCAR FOXTROT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Sandy

What has changed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Firefox

Yes, thing's have changed a bit in this Country these past years. A number of people are becoming infected by a disease called "Celtic Tiger Syndrome".

Usually the sign's of this disease of these greedy people is a tendency to rip you off at a moments notice and put it down to a "sign of the times".

No...only kidding...Ireland is a great place to visit.....as this disease is more commonplace among Car Dealers, Estate Agent's and People in certain Retail Outlets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Whats different?

Buses sometimes show up on times. In Dublin you can get a Nitelink until about 4:30 am at the weekend.

People are getting worried about Temple Bar - way too many internet cafes.

Politicians are being brought to book.

There are much fewer differences between pubs and clubs now. Pubs are staying open until 2am on Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Anyone over the age of 18 can go to any pub or club (if they can afford it).

We have our own counterstrike servers.

Republicans are going to vote tactically for the Ulster Unionist Party in some constituencies in the North.

Roads are generally getting better. But then the phone companies (20+ on last count) dig them up.

It is sometimes possible to have a proper conversation with a civil servant.

Gardai prefer to wear hi-viz yellow. Garda cars are mostly white now (with hi-viz yellow).

Changing call sign to SIERRA PAPA OSCAR OSCAR FOXTROT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Ri-ra

Whats different?

Buses sometimes show up on times. In Dublin you can get a Nitelink until about 4:30 am at the weekend.

Has it stopped running all week, then? That'd be another source of embarrassment to our so-called European capital.

People are getting worried about Temple Bar - way too many internet cafes.

I've been living abroad for a long time, so this is news to me. I wonder will they all die out as quickly as they've died out in North America?

Politicians are being brought to book.

!!! Really brought to book, or made seem as if brought to book?

There are much fewer differences between pubs and clubs now. Pubs are staying open until 2am on Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Anyone over the age of 18 can go to any pub or club (if they can afford it).

The things I miss most-- pubs, and a nice pint of plain-- none of your "Miller's" or "Bud" pi ss. ECCHHH. Mind you, are they still as bad for giving you the slops? And is it true that certain Temple Bar hostelries pour Guinness in one go, and if you complain, you're told to f u c k off?

We have our own counterstrike servers.

!!!!!!!!!

Republicans are going to vote tactically for the Ulster Unionist Party in some constituencies in the North.

Roads are generally getting better. But then the phone companies (20+ on last count) dig them up.

Are you serious? 20 + phone companies? Jaysus.

It is sometimes possible to have a proper conversation with a civil servant.

Wow.

BTW, I probably screwed up the bb code. If so, apologies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement