Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how does it feel like to kill somebody?

• 21-07-2004 1:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

NO! i'm not planning to kill anybody to find out :)

but I was always interested when they said that once you kill you will never be the same again! what do they mean?

also while we are at this topic - government! isn't it funny? if you shoot and kill for them, then that's all right! and God forgives u lol

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Something that always bothered me was..

Say for example a group of lads attack a girl and end up raping her... How did they actually decide to rape her... I can't really imagine turning arond to some friends, or them to me, and saying "yeah, lets rape a girl tonight..."

Same with say a husband and wife serial murder thing. How did one party get the balls to ask the other "Do you wanna kill someone tonight"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

yeah that's strange!

"Ok guys, what do we do tonight? play counter-strike? drink? or rape? or.... rape, drink and enjoy counterstrike all night?"

what I think is that there is some kind of gambling like feeling! = hence serial killers

the first rape is usually done not intentionally they usually start of the playing first, for example they will first say something to a girl, chase her a little, then one of them grabs her, then the other grabs her, then the third guy will show "more guts" and take her down, then you think hey! I can do that too! and you know .........

I think the biggest sadists are people who torture and kill animals! I mean that's just plain cruel! you know animal is helpless! it can't cry for help! and it takes more sadistic b**t**d to kill it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i killed someone in a dream before
    felt very satisfying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

defintely the worst thing to do is torture an animal.

Originally posted by tuxy
    felt very satisfying

yea! I have fragged in a dream too! like your said very satisfying! like scoring a goal in big game!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

I think the biggest sadists are people who torture and kill animals! I mean that's just plain cruel! you know animal is helpless! it can't cry for help!
    Yeah. And mimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

I believe that when you kill someone you kill a part of yourself.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭nads

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    ... How did they actually decide to rape her...

'You just know man, you just know.'

What's the story with: "When i awoke i found him on top of me having intercourse with me" - she must have been on a mad one last night like, just horrible, and sometimes drink isn't involved, some chicks must be heavy sleepers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    Say for example a group of lads attack a girl and end up raping her... How did they actually decide to rape her...

They'd probably be pretty big scumbags to begin with. Probably like CyberGhost says. They'd start with muggings and beatings and eventually go further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

I think the biggest sadists are people who torture and kill animals
    They're bigger sadist than those who rape and mutilate other human beings?:eek: jasus, animal rights has just been taken to a new level!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

felt very satisfying

yes, I throttled him and banged his head on the ground...very satisfying. we are no longer friends.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by Mighty_Mouse
    They're bigger sadist than those who rape and mutilate other human beings?:eek: jasus, animal rights has just been taken to a new level!
    Indeed. It's insane. In the new season of a show (which has yet to air here so I won't name names), a character kills an animal. There was absolute uproar over it in the States - they received more complaints about it than any other moment. Of course meanwhile other characters routinely beat up, maim, torture, and kill other humans... but that's okay, right :confused:

As to the reasoning behind it, it depends on the crime and the victim's history. After years spent watching the likes of Cracker, Profiler, and Millennium, I could probably talk too much about this....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

felt very satisfying

I killed someone in a dream and also cleaned up and buried them. I don't actually remember the killing part of the dream, but I remember the burial part clearly.
    I had this awful feeling of guilt, dread and fear hanging round me for days afterwards. I think it was because the dream was so vivid and that made the memory of the dream feel like a memory of a real event. Horrible! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Carbiens

what a silly thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Originally posted by Paladin
    Yeah. And mimes.

ROFLMAO

lol and you are even sillier for posting in it then!

I don't understand this people! if you don't like the thread ignore it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭rs

Generally, people who have been in the army and have actually killed other people tend to say the same thing.

It's very, very difficult to kill someone. To actually pull the trigger. To take their life.

But once you have actually killed someone, killing more people is not a problem. I think it's just one of those things that once you have done there is no going back.

I'd love to kill people, only because so many people deserve it.

you know who you are :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Something I've always wondered about actually. Doubt I'd have much problem killing a stranger/someone I didn't like but it would be damn hard to kill someone I was even vaguely familiar with that I didn't absolutely hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Originally posted by rs

But once you have actually killed someone, killing more people is not a problem. I think it's just one of those things that once you have done there is no going back.

That is not true. Maybe for a serial killer, but not for most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Nemici

thats the trouble, killing once is hard, but then you have to kill again to get the high you got the first time.
    like a dose of crack, only worse !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭bender

you loose a part of your soul, even if its for your government!!

Originally posted by Carbine
    what a silly thread

Actually this thread might be very interesting to people who are thinking of joining the Army!

and for me too, cause I thought many times to join forces, can't decide about my profession

Anyone else finding it funny that someone that names themselves after a weapon finds this a silly thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

ALL murderers are fcuking retards

[warning: scene shows cnn report on a murder in iraq, no blood]

here is a prime example: http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article5365.htm

Originally posted by Sleepy
    Anyone else finding it funny that someone that names themselves after a weapon finds this a silly thread?

it's Carabin, Sleepy not Carbine :)

Originally posted by l3rian

here is a prime example: http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article5365.htm

Maaan!

then they cry and bi1ch about someone flying an airplace into them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

wow i really wish this wasnt brought up..
    talkin about bad timing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Originally posted by Nemici
    thats the trouble, killing once is hard, but then you have to kill again to get the high you got the first time.
    like a dose of crack, only worse !

You're trolling right? I know a guy who got eight years for man slaughter recently, while he deserved to be punished and even though I think the sentence was harsh, he has no intention to kill again. Your analogy to crack is pathetic. Wise up dumb ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

My grandpa's a WW2 vetran, so I asked. Apparantly he never got close enough to have to kill anybody, but he feels lucky to be still around today. Apparantly shellshock isn't very nice though....

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Civilian_Target
    My grandpa's a WW2 vetran, so I asked. Apparantly he never got close enough to have to kill anybody, but he feels lucky to be still around today. Apparantly shellshock isn't very nice though....

LMAO!

he didn't kill anyone? In WW2?

he must have sit out the whole war in the base, of course he wouldn't get close enough to anybody,

of course just kidding dude! don't take it too close

Ehm, he could've been in Artillery (where you'd never know if you killed someone or not), a runner, a medic, an engineer, a supplies officer, a clerk, a driver... lots of ways you can serve in an army and never come face to face with killing someone. It's that fact that led to a rather spurious argument that only 2% of soldiers were killers and that these guys were borderline sociopath on a rather shoddily researched "documentary" on Channel 4 recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭rs

Originally posted by FX Meister
    That is not true. Maybe for a serial killer, but not for most people.

Seriously, I was watching a tv programme on it once.

All the soldiers on it (who had actually killed people) that were interviewed said the same thing. The first time was really difficult, but once you have done it once, it's much easier to kill again.

The show also said that many soldiers simply could not do it. They would deliberatly miss or not be able to pull the trigger at all.

In fact, all army training includes killing animals. Simply to get the soldiers used to the idea of killing things. To make it easier when the time came to take a human life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭CareBear

Did anyone hear on the news bout that 15 year old who had said to his friends that he wanted to kill someone noone would miss. What the **** was going through his mind! What makes a 15 year old actually kill someone or even say such a thing! Completely insane!

rs, are you talking about the documentary called: First Kill ?

where they ask the old dude, and he said he would kill again, and that soldiers after they killed, if they'd miss any war they would be very dissapointed, and they want to go back

it's avaible at emule! very interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Originally posted by l3rian

Well if you were fighting an enemy who doesn't take prisoners or gruesomely tortures, mutilates & murders any prisoners they do take you would find yourself doing the same thing. I can imagine myself doing it in their situation.

When the Americans were fighting the Japanese in WWII they got very few prisoners, mainly because Japanese would not surrender but also because the few who did surrender tended to be executed out of hand by US troops who had some knowledge of how the Japanese treated any Americans they captured.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

i imagine its not good for the mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭blobert

Originally posted by bender
    you loose a part of your soul, even if its for your government!!

I hope you are not speaking from experience;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by pork99

When the Americans were fighting the Japanese in WWII they got very few prisoners, mainly because Japanese would not surrender but also because the few who did surrender tended to be executed out of hand by US troops who had some knowledge of how the Japanese treated any Americans they captured.

sounds like they were doing the japanese a favour it was (maybe still is ) a great dishonor for a japanese soldier to be captured alive , they probably would of killed themselves at some stage thats how much of a dishonor it is to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

Well if you were fighting an enemy who doesn't take prisoners or gruesomely tortures, mutilates & murders any prisoners they do take you would find yourself doing the same thing. I can imagine myself doing it in their situation.

i wouldnt ever join an army in the 1st place, theres plenty of murderous retards out there (like you apparently) who would do that job

im talking about the other side too (note my ALL in 1st post), before you spam the us and them arguement for war and armies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

I would like to think that if i needed to kill, I could do it.

I would hate to be the poor bastard who sat in a corner crying while someone killed their family.

On another note, using the channel 4 documentary as an example, you can see how technology is making it easier to kill. The knife is the hardest weapon to use in war psychologically. Not because you are killing, but because you have physical contact with the person you are killing. A pilot at 20,000 feet dropping a bomb on a tank with 5 lads in it is in a much better position. He "knocked out a tank". Whereas the grunt has just knifed a man who was likely screaming for his children.

Technology is constantly putting the enemy at a distance. A thrown stone, a spear, javelin, arrows, rifles, cannons, artillery, bombs. All have progressively distanced the killer from the victim.

It is a fact that modern armies are becoming much better at making young men kill. Wargames play a huge part. If you spend weeks in a mock urban environment firing paintballs or lasers at other soldiers, your reflex action in a real battle will be the same, and the moral argument disappears, and war becomes a game. Until after. Even then you will find that the American and British armies have some of the best psychological personnel in the world. Because you need soldiers not only to recouperate from killing, but you also need them to kill again...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭df001i6876

WW2 HE SAID YOU DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE .

Do or die. But he did say it hard at first. to watch your mate being killed.

In battle . This some time give you the feeling to keep shooting. Its survival.

and luck . But he said he wouldnt brag about it . He was shot three time in leg

and once in the shoulder. At dunkirk the bombs were flying every were.

He would never drink in any war legion club. some thing are better forgotten about. he would say too me.

he hope he would never have to do it again. or wish it on anyone.

Originally posted by df001i6876
    WW2 HE SAID YOU DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE .

Do or die. But he did say it hard at first. to watch your mate being killed.

In battle . This some time give you the feeling to keep shooting. Its survival.

and luck . But he said he wouldnt brag about it . He was shot three time in leg

and once in the shoulder. At dunkirk the bombs were flying every were.

He would never drink in any war legion club. some thing are better forgotten about. he would say too me.

he hope he would never have to do it again. or wish it on anyone.
    The politician start war but some poor sod as to fight it for them.
    they get all glory you get shot.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

My grandfather was in one of the planes that were dropping the a-bomb, there were several planes dispersed some of them carrying duds so they wouldnt know who actually dropped the bomb.
    he was also stationed on an island towards the end fighting off the japanese, he was part of a rescue squad.
    It was hard for him to talk about it and he came to tears and had to leave the room. I did a report in college on him. He showed me pictures from those days too...its always in the back of thier minds...in thier dreams and haunting them every waking day.

My uncle was a Marine in Viet Nam for 2 tours, 1968 and 1969. He was fighting the front lines and there are books written about his troop. I have read them. He was sprayed with agent orange and is on full disability now because of the effects of that and the effects of the war itself.
    He has not been able to talk about the war until this year, can you imagine all these years he hasnt been able to mutter the words.
    He chose me to talk to about it because of my extreme interest. I also wrote a report on him.
    He told me things that made me want to cry.
    Only one thing I will share with you,
    from a distance he could hear the screams of one of his friends, he searched him out and as he came upon the screams he could see that he was tangled in barbed wire and being castrated alive by the VC.
    The stench of rotting bodies all around (he can still smell it), the cries of dying men all around(he can still hear it), these are the things he see's every night and everyday. The faces of all those he killed, the body parts the stepped over had become routine.

Sitting with both of these grown men, these proud men, these men who dont show emotion...seeing tears in thier eyes. I see what it means to kill just from looking into thier eyes.

but some of those fools[ common man]

need help , wars not a game.

but to politician it is. if only we could make the politician fight it. now that would be some think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

when I was about 15 a kid (7 year old boy) was found mutilated in a field near where we live.
    The perpetrator, a neighbour in his early twenties, was arrested not long after and pleaded guilty to murder. When questioned as to his motives his response ws "I wanted to know how it felt to kill somebody".

this thread is sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

Originally posted by cormie
    defintely the worst thing to do is torture an animal.
    tortureing animals is a sick and horrific deed but to call it the worst thing to do in a thread concerning rape and murder of other humans???
    pull your priorities out of your arse

Originally posted by keu
    when I was about 15 a kid (7 year old boy) was found mutilated in a field near where we live.
    The perpetrator, a neighbour in his early twenties, was arrested not long after and pleaded guilty to murder. When questioned as to his motives his response ws "I wanted to know how it felt to kill somebody".

this thread is sad.
    what they should do with people like that is stick him in the front line. why , And the sick o will get hurt back.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

On the whole animal torture point....

I've always thought that i'd probably feel worse if I knocked down a dog in my car, rather than a person. Its never happened, but I honestly think i'd feel worse if it was a dog.

Maybe because I couldn't say sorry to an animal, whereas I could to a person, or maybe because I reckon if I do knock down a person, that it'll be there fault.

As i say, it ain't happened yet, and i'm not talking about killing somebody ethier. Maybe i'm full of that typical male 'i'm the best driver in the world syndrome'.

A few years ago i witness a bad accident between a dog and a motorcycle.

A dog had ran out onto the road into the path,of a motorbike the poor man went over the top off the handle bars off his bike. The dog was howling in pain runing around in a circle.

There was a factory nearby with women going home. All they were interested in was the poor dog. not the man . who later on died in hospital. crazy world we live in. The dog was a stray it lived. I was 10 years old and i have never forgot it.

Advertisement