Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL BB - Order Time

• 21-07-2004 3:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi ppl,

I just ordered iol bb plus today, after finally passing for dsl :)

I'm wondering how long before iol actually tell me that the order is going ahead ect.....as i'm currently using Utvip XL & need to give a mth notice if i'm gonna cancel my a/c.

Thx,

Job

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭delricyo

It will probs take around 15 working days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

I was told my an Englishman that there's a MAXIMUM wait of 48 hours for ADSL.

If the time goes over that, ring them up and they'll set it up while you're on the phone to them. If this is true - why is this country so f*cking sh*t? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭simonm2

iolbb told me about 20 working days for the stuff to be delivered.

Companies often have a policy of deliberately over-estimating the time they expect it to take on the principle that if it arrives a week "early" you will be delighted with the great service, whereas if it the tell you 5 days and it arrives on the 6th day you will be annoyed because it was late.

I signed up about in the first day or so of July in Loughrea and got the kit about a week later.

Simon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 seamus.carey

Hi,

I signed up by telephone on July 5th after about a month of you're line has failed claims. Was told 21 days wait but rang up yesterday and told July 28th was activation day.

However, got the modem in the post this morning and set it up and am now downloading at speeds of just around 60k.

Tis worth all the hassle in ordering, believe me

Hope it works out,
    Seamus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

I had it within a fortnight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭job

thx 4 all the reply's !

But just wondering how long till they confirm that the account request has been accepted & i'm actually gonna get it. Don't want to cancel UTV & then be told " it won't work " & other such excuses.

Thx again,

Job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Hellraiser

I used to think it was great aswell, but if you play games online more than likely you will have probs with them, as we all do, especially me.

Go to iol's or eircom's or anyone else's website: put in your phone number and check it's ok. If the test says ok. Telephone iol or whoever, on the spot with your credit card details and I reckon you'll have it in two weeks or less.

Despite the balony they give you on the phone, I am pretty sure that once the exchange is enabled, your connection is probably enabled as soon as your credit card details go through. The only delay is probably shipping out the router.

Simon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭job

Do IOL actually send you a mail to say ur order has been accepted & the order is going ahead tho' ?? Apart from the default one u recieve when u order from the website.

Or is it just accepted, that if ur line is passing & u send ur order in, that you'll get it in approx 20 days ?

Don't wanna get stuck without inet access :(

Thx

I think iol's website sytem sucks. Once you've checked that the phone line is o.k. do the rest by phone - it takes about 10 minutes and you finish up with a password/username everything you need to set it up once you get the router. That way you will know everything is ok.

I actually moved to Eircom at Xmas as a result of IOL's cruddy on line ordering system. I tried to register for their 180 hour package having been a nolimits customer for three years. It's a long story and they still owe me money as a result, which they have admitted recently but not yet payed up. And I ain't holding my breath. Once my trial period is up I will be looking round and if anybody else offers evven a marginally better deal, I'll take it.

I suspect EsatBT had a melt down in their billing system/online ordering in early December and probably another one late December or early Jan judging from my sister's experience with her telephone bill.

Simon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Originally posted by simonm2
    I suspect EsatBT had a melt down in their billing system/online ordering in early December and probably another one late December or early Jan judging from my sister's experience with her telephone bill.

Simon.

Nah, that's the way it's always been. Seriously :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ordered iol bb plus on the 1st of july. got a letter on the 20th acknowledging that i'd actually ordered broadband off them. i sent a rather pissy email to them after recieving said letter, and recieved a reply today... the 3rd of august is now my target date:(

" Nah, that's the way it's always been. Seriously"

I can believe that - I have the impression that they like to do things on a shoestring, rather than being pro-active with investment in technology.

Simon

Advertisement