Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the other place ...

Options
  • 09-04-1999 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

Been talking about tribes with ole Ent during our ciggy & lunch breaks and one thing we were wondering is why don't we use the second server for our pick-up/public games?

Think about it - we may still suffer from lag, but the 'muppet' count will almost definitely be less; if people don't know about it and it continues to be unlisted, then our teams may be smaller, but at least the likelihood of having good players on both teams is greater.

Also - while the server is not 'ours' as such, we could still be careful about who we give the address to, so at least (for a while) the game quality should improve. And I dont mean excluding newbies - I know I for one would like Froggy to get on there - she's new, but is learning & very much wants to improve & the more good players with good attitudes the better. Just keeping it's profile down so some of those other bozos dont get wind of it.

ya know wot i mean?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

That's all very well, but it'll be up to people to join the second server, even though there may be noone on it - in the hopes that someone else will come along. smile.gif Tribes bites with < 8 people.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

join tribes 1 and suggest to the regulars that you meet in IRC, i.e. all pile onto server 2. or summit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

can we have a chan somewhere
    quakenet / iol ??
    hmm

No IRC! smile.gif

One way to kill an online game community is to get them all together to talk more than shoot. Look at the Quake channels ffs! Muppetry. You should be forced to join a server to meet us. tongue.gif

Though it's a good ploy.. "lets go to IRC guys *wink* *wink* you know, our _special_ channel? *nudge* *nudge*" smile.gif

Teeth.

/me can just SEE SeP running away to reg #tribes, #tribes.ie, #starsiege and just about every other permutation thereof.. smile.gif

Teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

IRC.. yuk waste for good playin time...

Bopped into server 2 on Saturday and ended up on the receiving end of a EM training session, ye guys are getting better but try and resist the urge to attack on your own. BOOM!.. hehe but when 4 of ye arrived at roughly the same time I was toast (burnt)!

I hate heavies!! ... 'rephrase that' I hate Enemy HEAVIES...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Brit

Oh YuM - you've hurt my feelings... smile.gif

--Brit--

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

Ahhh!! sorry Brit ya know ur my fave heavie sparring partner....

Hows Oblivion BTW smile.gif

Advertisement