Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telling it like it is

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Apparently it's like Spinal Tap but Spinal Tap have more artistic credabilty

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

in a related article, Dave Mustaine is stabbed in the back by Lars, again.

that little Dane is out of control.

[edit] seems he pisses everyone off. [/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

quote: Lars actually says "If Cliff Burton walked in right now, I don't know if he'd be the right guy for the job."

The man deserves to DIE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Leave us alone Lars, just curl up and die or something :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Originally posted by Deadwing
    quote: Lars actually says "If Cliff Burton walked in right now, I don't know if he'd be the right guy for the job."

The man deserves to DIE

He's got a point. Cliff would have listened to 30 seconds of ticktickticktickticktock and walked out and played real Metal somewhere else. He wouldn't be the right man for Metallica 2004. Cliff had standards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

standards? I remember them!

Metallica really should have called it quits a long time ago. Although I did like it when they went all Deep Purple and did the S&M album but shockingly, it's all the old songs that sound best on that album.

Originally posted by Doctor J
    He's got a point. Cliff would have listened to 30 seconds of ticktickticktickticktock and walked out and played real Metal somewhere else. He wouldn't be the right man for Metallica 2004. Cliff had standards.

Nail. Head. Hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I always sorta felt Metallica if they had somehow dumped Lars out the back of the bus in the middle of no where some time about 8 years ago they would be a lot better today for it. Newsted was great imho and was a huge fan of him, even James with all his flaws and Kirk likewise aint as bad as Lars.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Perhaps now Cliff wouldn't be right for it. Remember: Metallica aren't Metallica 22-15 years ago anymore. They're Metallica who have become lost in their own search for something they want to play, totally bereft of any idea of thrash. Hopefully their next album will swing it around.

Megadeth's latest isn't exactly stellar either. It's a mix between Countdown to Extincyion, Cryptic Writings and a little Youthanasia. VERY generic sounding and poppy/rocky.

Countdown to Extincyion, Cryptic Writings and a little Youthanasia

well since those three albums are excellent its getting me very excited!!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by LightofDarkness
    Hopefully their next album will swing it around.
    Yeah. Maybe this time theyll add in a DJ. Then theyll really be 'hip' and 'with it'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Or just take one of the guitars away, as if they use them both anymore :rolleyes: Maybe get a rapper or something for the whole album too (they done a song with Jayrool or whateevr didnt they?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭ALLGOOD

Why doesn't Mustaine just get on with his life, jeesss its getting really old listening to him whinge all the fooking time, its been 22 years already or somethin' - hes no better than sodding Lars you can't take them serious anymore.

p.s. Megadeths 80's material was totally substandard compared to Metallica's 80's stuff, godawful in fact, maybe tally recognised Mustaine could only write pretty awful punk songs and kicked him out on that basis ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Originally posted by ALLGOOD
    Why doesn't Mustaine just get on with his life, jeesss its getting really old listening to him whinge all the fooking time, its been 22 years already or somethin' - hes no better than sodding Lars you can't take them serious anymore.

p.s. Megadeths 80's material was totally substandard compared to Metallica's 80's stuff, godawful in fact, maybe tally recognised Mustaine could only write pretty awful punk songs and kicked him out on that basis ?

and you sir/madam are a fool - Megadeth's 80's stuff was not completely substandard to Metallica - in fact there are some aspects to 80's Megadeth that are completely better then 80s Metallica - both bands, IMO are equally as good, its a matter of people's taste. However to say one was completely better then the other is a downright foolish statement to make.

and Metallica booted out Mustaine - a) because he was a mean drunk and very screwed up addict, b) Lars fell in love with Kirk and c) they were too cheap to send Mustaine to rehanb, unlike what they did for James

Originally posted by Ph3n0m
    and you sir/madam are a fool - Megadeth's 80's stuff was not completely substandard to Metallica - in fact there are some aspects to 80's Megadeth that are completely better then 80s Metallica - both bands, IMO are equally as good, its a matter of people's taste. However to say one was completely better then the other is a downright foolish statement to make.

and Metallica booted out Mustaine - a) because he was a mean drunk and very screwed up addict, b) Lars fell in love with Kirk and c) they were too cheap to send Mustaine to rehanb, unlike what they did for James

THANKS FOR BEING SUCH A NAZI WITH MY OPINION, OR AM I NOT ALLOWED HAVE ONE, YOU KNOW YOUR TALKING TO A MATURE PERSON WHEN ALL THEY DO IS CALL NAMES AND DONT DEBATE, AS YOU SAID ITS A MATTER OF TASTE, YOU CNUT.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

THANKS FOR BEING SUCH A NAZI WITH MY OPINION, OR AM I NOT ALLOWED HAVE ONE, YOU KNOW YOUR TALKING TO A MATURE PERSON WHEN ALL THEY DO IS CALL NAMES AND DONT DEBATE, AS YOU SAID ITS A MATTER OF TASTE, YOU CNUT.

Crybaby.jpg

ROFL!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

THANKS FOR BEING SUCH A NAZI WITH MY OPINION

Yay, I dont know whether to laugh, cry or start goose-stepping :)

YOU KNOW YOUR TALKING TO A MATURE PERSON WHEN ALL THEY DO IS CALL NAMES AND DONT DEBATE.......YOU CNUT.

Pot...meet....kettle....

cute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

they were too cheap to send Mustaine to rehanb, unlike what they did for James

reckon it's a bit of a different situation there ... while it might be a bit much to ask a newly formed band with no money at all to send a junky guitarest to rehab and get in a better guitarist ..... it's shouldn't be too surprising that one of the founder members of a twenty year old legendary and quite weatlhy band gets to voluntarily (I assume) go to rehab and is welcomed back after

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Lars is one of the main reasons why I hate Metallica. Then comes their fans.

Advertisement