Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

256 MB MP3 Player/FM Radio Memory Key- can you find cheaper???

• 21-07-2004 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

komplett.ie
    MSI MEGA Stick 256MB MP3/Memory Player USB, FM Radio, Voice rec., Retail
    Your price: €130.00

Anyone buy one of these yet??? How do you find it, good?

If anyone finds cheaper places to purchase one of these(diff. brand is fine) please do tell??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

different one €119

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭savemejebus

with Quarrymans one you'll save €20 cos shop for memory don't charge shipping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Yeah theyre the cheapest Ive found too.

Anyone seen a USB2 one without the MP3 capability - just the radio and flash drive? ie I spent my cash on an iPod and dont feel like paying for more of the same.

Or is the MP3 bit free (like part of the flash thing) and its the playing facility that costs?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

If you dont mind not having the radio, you can get one in Dixons for €99. A packard bell brand one. Still does voice recording. 256mb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

You can get one on ebay direct from china.Bids generally end at about £30 + £10 P+P. So about €60.Search ebay for them guy called nerlex888 sells them regularly. They work fine, perfect for gym.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭rom1

I've got one from hkbounce on ebay for GBP31.10. I have used snip.pl to place my bet and got it delivered for a total of EUR62.93.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by ericmurphy
    komplett.ie
    MSI MEGA Stick 256MB MP3/Memory Player USB, FM Radio, Voice rec., Retail
    Your price: €130.00

Anyone buy one of these yet??? How do you find it, good?

If anyone finds cheaper places to purchase one of these(diff. brand is fine) please do tell??

I have one, paid about the same.
    Works fine, except for the way the playlist is setup, it uses a strange combination of reading the first 6 characters of the filename, and uses the track name and various other bits of data in a certain order of precedence from the ID3 tag.
    It's logical enough. The voice/radio-recording function is nice, pity it only records to .wav instead of .mp3 though.
    You get enough stuff with it too, cd (for the proggie to update the firmware), usb extender cable (typeA to typeA), headphone extension lead (3.5mm socket - 3.5mm jack), clip-around-ear headphones with interchangable facias in two colours (blue and silver), the neck chain, a clear plastic cover for it so you can put it on your belt/bag strap (much like a phone cover) and battery.
    I'm happy enough with it for the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Bought this off eBay yesterday, about 60 euro incl delivery.

Shouldn't get it for another fortnight, but looks ok - apparently supports USB 2.0 and has a FM radio built into the headphones.

No make or model ID though! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Looks a bit like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Well spotted SyxPak - the specs are identical. Most likely the same player, just "rebadged" for the Hong Kong market.

/Googles for revew

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

You mean it works with USB2; but its still at USB speeds? Or did I miss something? :confused:

Advertisement