Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Has anyone used one of these?

Options
  • 21-07-2004 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I was looking around and found this:

http://www.dcp-shop.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?&cPath=74_81&products_id=5839

Seems to be a pager that beeps you if your alarm goes off ???
    I wouldn't imagine any 'line rental' would be required would it? (it seems to be just a transmitter/receiver)

I was wondering does anyone know what it does exactly and how it works? Also, is there much 'installing' of it involved?

Cheers,

DC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

no , there is no line rental , it's a transmitter and receiver , with a range of a kilometre .

you should modify it to also detonate a mini bomb located around the crotch area of the drivers seat should some knacker try take your car.

hope this helps

Fionn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

seems like a gimmick to me if ur a kilometer away and ur cars nicked theres not much u can do anyway its insured ull get a new one, like i said looks like a gimmick

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They're quite popular with bikers. Since most bikers would park their bikes as close as possible to where they work, they'd easily have enough time to get down and stop anyone. Much more useful would be an alarm-activated set of mini-cameras with GPRS data transmission to a server.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

I think it seems like a good idea. It's better (and much cheaper) than the GSM boxes that require a sim card (and credit top up) and about 800 Euros (they send texts to your phone when the alarm goes off). Granted this has no distance restriction.

As for myself, I live in an appartment complex (so I've no driveway), hence, I may not hear the alarm if it goes off. But I would be within 1km and I would hear the pager beeping on the bedside locker.

DC.

sorry man thought u had a car:o

• Advertisement

Originally posted by dogz
    sorry man thought u had a car:o

I do ;)

DC.

im gettin confused im gonna go over here now:o :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

For about the same amount of money you could just browse eBay for a device that does about 100 more things than that. for the same price you can buy a remote door opening, remote starting system that will also alert you if your alarm goes off. I'm investing in one at the end of the summer when I get rid of the handles on my car door :)

Originally posted by JohnCleary
    For about the same amount of money you could just browse eBay for a device that does about 100 more things than that. for the same price you can buy a remote door opening, remote starting system that will also alert you if your alarm goes off.

For about 120 Eurons? Where on eBay is this now? :)

DC.

Good thinking JohnCleary, just found this on eBay... looks ok... Could be fun wiring it up though! :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7909100301&category=33724

DC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement