Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb?

Options
  • 21-07-2004 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Thinking of using these as my ISP. Anyone with any experience of these. Good/Bad reports.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

edit - I should learn to read properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Check the broadband forum, you'll find relevant threads there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I haven't heard anything bad about them. A lot depends on your options and your location.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

I got my domain name with digiweb. But i got hosting somewhere else, i rang them about 5 times along with countless emails to get them to change nameservers to host.ie 's and it was like I they ignored me for a few days and then did it! ( i know it takes around 24hrs to replicate) but it was more like 3 or 4 days.

They get the thumbs down from me!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The origninal poster asked about Digiweb as an ISP rather than a host (which is why I edited my post above). Anyway, as mada999 was not impressed with them (as a host) I may as well give my recent (& only) account of them.
    Helping a boards.ie member out I had reason to contact Digiweb support which I found both prompt & helpful. They had a problem with one of their windows servers which was fixed asap.
    I even found Jennifer in support to be very nice and am now wanting someone else with a problem with their website hosted on Digiweb to give me a shout so I can call support again
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 galwaygrover

Hi There,

I user DigiWeb as my ISP. Not sure what type of service you are looking at, wireless / satellite etc. I have had their starblaster satellite solution for the last couple of years. It is advertised as 512 / 128. In reality the download is faster but the upload much slower, more like averaging 30 to 40. Another thing to remember with satellite is the unavoidably latency due to the distances envolved, ping times average between 700 to 900 miliseconds.
    Overall the system is very very reliable. I have only had downtime on a couple of occasions and never for more than a few minutes. Their customer and technical support is quick, good and friendly. However they don't post their availability times so I don't think they have very good (if any) non office hours support.
    Hope this helped..

Advertisement