Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hovering...

Options
  • 10-04-1999 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

whos done it like?...i've read some of the explanations on Tribes 101 but ive never been able to remain airborne in the one spot at a constant height for more than 5-7 secs. And then I see Teeth the other night on Raindance, he hovers over the enemies rocket turret, and calmy rains his entire load of grenades slap bang on top of it. As many ppl are so fond of saying: wtf?!. I realise this takes practice but ive spent hours on a loopback server trying to get it right...any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

well first of all you need an energy pack to stay in the air for any length of time ... the grenade key needs to be easily accessible (obviously).

I'm still learning with grenades - mine always seem to have too much spread when they hit the ground (I guess too much lateral movement)

also, to make the most of your energy you have to jump & jet straight up as lateral movement will sap your lift - this also helps accuracy.

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I don't use an energy pack for that one, I like repair. It's easy Hec, you just run up next to the rocket turret, let your energy charge fully, then boost vertically upwards.
    Hammer the grenades key and keep firing plasma at the turret, it should be down by the time you land. Then it's off to grab the flag and ski home. smile.gif

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

grr...fupping presto remapped my nades key, can anyone give me the cmd to throw grenades?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I think Presto re-maps them to Shift.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

You could always remap the grenades in the options, or take a look in the presoprefs.cs and change it there
    Has anyone got the Zear sniper hud working, that looks pretty kewl smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Yeah Osi, I set it up, and have to admit to being unimpressed. It would be very useful, if only it had a crosshair in the middle... as it is, you can't use it for serious sniping, and have to go to fullscreen zoom instead. Also, it would be much more useful if, when you do a fullscreen zoom, the sniper window pulled back, effectively reversing the views. But... it doesn't.

Mata ne!
    Rob

Advertisement