Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aha! , I have a scammer baited , Finally!

• 21-07-2004 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭

Well all
    You might have seen my previous thread about the con artists who are constany sending emails to the garage where I work. Well I finally have one hooked. Now I'd like a bit of creative inspiration to reel him along.
    Below is the correspondance so far:

Subject : Toyota Corolla 2.0XL Dsl '94

GOODDAY
    I AM OLVER MARTINEZ. .
    I AM INTRESTED IN BUYING UR Toyota Corolla 2.0XL Dsl '94 AND OTHER
    ACCESORIES .
    RIGHT NOW I HAVE SOME CUSTOMERS WHO ARE INTERESTED IN BUYING THE
    ABOVE
    ITEM. I WOULD LIKE YOU TO GET BACK TO ME WITH THE PICTURE OF THE
    ITEMS
    AND THE CONDITION ALSO WITH THE LAFT OFFERING PRICE SO THAT MY
    CUSTOMER
    CAN MAKE HIS CHOICE FOR PAYMENT.
    I WAIT TO READ FROM YOU SOONEST.
    REGARDS
    > Hey Oliver
    > Sorry about the delay in getting back to you , let me know if you're still
    > intrested in the corolla. Its a grand car , and if you look around and
    > compare it to the others for sale its a decent price as well. Sorry about
    > the size of the picture , but its the only one I have to hand. Could you let
    > me know if you still want the car very quickly, because I think theremight
    > be someine else intrested in it as well
    >
    > Regards
    > Sonny Daly
    Greetings , thanks for the mail back to me . i woulsd like to know your last
    offer for the car and i saw the pics of the car is very good . i intend making
    payment through an america cashiers cheque .
    Thanks ,
    oliver martinez...
    Subject: RE: Toyota Corolla 2.0XL Dsl '94

> Hey
    > How are you today?
    > I'm looking for €2000 euro for the car, as you know yourself deisel Corollas
    > are very hard to come by and they will go on forever. This Corolla is also
    > fitted with a flux capacitor to allow extra stabitlty during high speed
    > driving. I would like to take it off and fit it to my new car or would you
    > be willing to pay a little extra for me to leave it fitted? I would also
    > like to know where you live , you sound like you might be from Donegal , am
    > I right in thinking that? , How will you be sending payment and picking up
    > the car from me?
    >
    > regards
    > Sony Daly
    Hi Sony,
    Thanks for the mail back with included details requested for,
    If you were to leave the flux capacitor on,how much extra am I to
    pay?However,due to the fact that I reside in Amsterdam,Netherlands,it might not
    be possible for me to come see it myself.My shipping agent will do th pickup for
    me in due time.
    Although ,I will like to opt for an offer of 1800euros including the fitted
    capacitor ,I intend maiking payment via irish bankers draft.If thats fine,let me
    know.
    Regards..Oliver martinez

Okay , now I'd like ramp this up to a nice Monty Python level of reality , without frightening him away, I'd really like to screw with this guy!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

see if you can get him to send you an "irish bankers draft" - the gardai seriously frown on faked bank drafts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Hey Oliver,
    Thanks for the offer of 1800 euros, however with the flux capacitor attached, I cannot accept anything less than 2500. If you decide not to go with the capacitor, I will fit the original ectoplasm injectors back on to it, making it dimensional stable, and the price will then be 1950. Has your shipping agent got the necessary export licence to enable him to deal in stealth technology? I understand than Dutch import agents can be very particular about these issues.
    An Irish bankers draft will be ok, though we usually accept payment via paypal.

Regard,
    Sony Daly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

Originally posted by impr0v
    I will fit the original ectoplasm injectors back on to it, making it dimensional stable,

I dunno... I would have thought mentioning the flux capacitor was chancing your arm somewhat, but mentioning ectoplasm imo is pushing it too far. The guy might realise it's a bit of a set up.

Personally I'd call it a proton injector. Sounds a bit more techie than ectoplasm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Flux capacitor! I like it :D

Dude, you should try scamming the scammer! Ask him to have €100 deposited to your bank account first so you can pay off Ireland's new Vehicle Tax, tell him if he does this you can make the sale go through quicker and at the price of €1,800.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

You could always fit an ejaculatory emissions receptor for him, not to mention the extra €150 for the velutinous wager device (fluffy dice)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

I really like the idea of getting some cash off of him , I'd give it to a decent cause as well!. I'd have to open another bank account though , there are ways and means of extracting cash from an account with just an account and sort number.
    However he did pose as a dealer , so I might ask him to take the corolla as a trade in against something he has in stock , Im sure that the chance for a free car and a couple of grand would oil the cogs of stupidity nicely!

This is what I sent:

Hey
    I dont know If you would be able to do this, but since you are a car dealer you might be able to help me. I'm selling my car since I got my new job and a nice pay raise. Now I've been looking for a bigger car , something like a 1998 BMW 3 series or a Mercedes.
    I have about €15,000 to spend, but I cant seem to find a good car around here for that money. Since the economic boom all the dirty rotten car dealers have put up the prices of their cars so high that the high king himself couldnt afford one (and Bertie is a very rich man) . So the only car I could get for €15000 here would have been used by some mucksavageen for pulling cows out of ditches! Is there any chance that you would have a car like that in stock at that price? if I were to trade my corolla (with flux capacitor) against one of your cars , do you think you could give me a little extra for my car?

Ya feckin amadan
    Sony Daly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Every car needs a flux capacitor.

Get really creative with the "ACCESORIES"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by Dancing_Priest
    Ya feckin amadan

that might be pushin it a little

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Voice activated M&M dispenser. And don't forget the speed holes, they make the car go faster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Just wondering how exactly is he scamming you? I may be a bit dumb here but he hasn’t actually asked you for anything yet except to buy the car so how will he try and scam you?

he will either send me a phony cheque/ draft or get my acc number and use the banks pure laziness to initiate a direct debit from my account into a company account with a forged signature that the bank probably wont bother to even check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by sceptre
    Every car needs a flux capacitor.

Get really creative with the "ACCESORIES"

Lightweights, everyone knows the Fusion Overdrive is better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by Hobbes

what module of fusion overdrive is the best ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

the one with the proton injector

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Originally posted by Kêrmêttê
    Personally I'd call it a proton injector. Sounds a bit more techie than ectoplasm.

fair point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

you should post this on the humor board this is classic....

roflmfao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

when he replies and says he has a car, get him to send a pic then tell him that vrt has to be paid by the seller (him) and he needs to send a cheque for 500 to the car import federation and make it payable to u or a m8. and cash it if it arrives then get a bank draught for some made up export charge and when this arrives give it to the guards and wach him get done

Things are moving swiftly , he's getting into the cash now. Looks like he's expecting greed to help him get the better of me :rolleyes:

His message is as follows:

Goodday Sony,
    Thanks for the mail back to me.
    Prior to my last mail concerning buying your car, my client in Ireland is oweing me 5500euros
    of which I will instruct him to issue you the
    bankers draft on my behalf,you would then cash the
    money from the draft and collect how much we bought
    the car and the remaining balance would
    be sent
    to my shipping agent via western union money
    transfer in order to start arranging shippment of
    the items down to its destination.
    If these would be okay by you,kindly get back to me.
    kind regards..
    oliver martinez

And my reply goes as follows, I'm curious to see what he thinks of the introduction of my lawyer, hope he takes up on the chance for 15k though , that will open some very entertaining avenues! now I just hope that my new BMW has one of those proton drives with the leather pack....

Howdy
    I do not fully understand what you want me to do. Will I take the draft from your accociate , keep my money and send the rest to you? I will ask my lawyer if there are any big tax issues in doing this. because I dont want you to get the E-JIT tax for exporting a deisel car out of the Republic. I
    Also, do you have a car fitting my description in your stock? I would like to sell the car and buy my new one in a single transaction for tax reasons. If this does not trouble you I could send your asking price for your car along with the other money. I have €15,000 to spend if you have a car fitting my description.

Sony Daly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

aah good old western union, friends of nigerian scam artists everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I dont want you to get the E-JIT tax for exporting a deisel car out of the Republic.
    Sony Daly

I think we all have to pay that to the government

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

I had a couple of emails from this guy before. They sort of faded out for some reason. It's very hard to bait these guy's, they know all the in's and out's of the buisiness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Dear oliver,
    Furthermore to our business deal, i was wondering if you have any jobs available in your car showroom? Ive got some problems here because of a few...deals...i took part in, and need to leave the country as soon as i can. This guy came in, he doesnt know if he wants to buy or what..so i grabbed his head, shoved it right in the f*ckin hood, and said "You buy this car, or ill break your f*ckin head". I got problems here ever since. Anyway, let me know if youre hiring.
    Regards,

Sony P. station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

It seems to be that a lot of these scammers are from Amsterdam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Great thread. Marvelous use of flux capacitors. I wonder could you work in some headlamp fluid and the famous Toyota skyhook braking system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

A friend of mine did this:

Ethel Wormvarnish baits a scammer

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by viking

Heh, that made for a good read :) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Something

I thought that you could only get flux capacitor's in Deloreans.. and they were for time travel not speed..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by Something
    I thought that you could only get flux capacitor's in Deloreans.. and they were for time travel not speed..
    it was only in Deloreans only because if your going to build a time machine into a car, ya might as well do it with style. thats not to say it cant be installed in any other car, in this case a Toyota Corolla. the only thing that would worry me about using the flux capacitor is that the Toyota doesnt have a stainless steel body. Which the doc says helps with the whole time travel ma-jiggy.

Originally posted by Something

dont u know if you go really fast you go back in time ? .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by Big Ears
    dont u know if you go really fast you go back in time ? .

88 MPH

Originally posted by RobertFoster
    88 MPH

thats if you have a flux capacitor(Alpha module) , if not its 880 , thats if you dont have devices stopping you from going back in time on the vehicle .

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

the only thing that would worry me about using the flux capacitor is that the Toyota doesnt have a stainless steel body. Which the doc says helps with the whole time travel ma-jiggy.

No, I picked one up on a train with the added anti-grav feature. Parking near my house was a b1tch until i decided to park on the roof and use a rope ladder.

and because of that brainwave now I have a new house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Personally, my car has an inertial damper - great for those sudden stops - maybe you could throw one of those in for him...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

That makes a great read

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Hobbes
    Isn't it Ford Fusion and that wouldn't work with a Toyota.

Originally posted by Victor
    Isn't it Ford Fusion and that wouldn't work with a Toyota.

Shush you're ruining it ;) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You can probably use this to your advantage as well..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3906607.stm

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

V. good. Did anything come of the forwarding the details to the police?

• Advertisement

Dont ask me about skyhooks , when I started out as a wee laddie , (well even younger than my current 18 years) I was sent halfway around town to pick up a set of skyhooks ,but its worth it when you subject the next generation to the torment and humiliation......
    Anywho, on to todays update. The good Mr. martinez is looking for my contact details , ie: payphone outside the garage , Ill be there between 1:00 nd 1:10 , but I doubt he'll even ring, either way I'm not wasting even more of my life , or lunch break on this guy
    :rolleyes:

Subject : RE: PAYMENT AND SHIPPMENT...

Greetings , thanks for the mail back to me . i would like you to provide me with your contact details so that he would be able to foward payment to you as soon as possible. you will keep your money but the rest funds would be sent via western union money transfer to my shipping agent to enable him commence shippment of the car , and also there would be no tax involved beacuse i am handling the shipping of the car . yes i can see that cars are really expensive in ireland but i can help you to get one beacuse i am a car dealer here, i would foward you my informations where you would be senfing the money to so that i can buy the car for you arrange for the shipping . let me know what you fill about this. your soonest reply.

Thanks,

Oliver Martinez...

Although if anyone else wants to chat to him , PM me your number! you crazy bastard you, Ill even send him your addess if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Mousie

Is Oliver Martinez not the name of Kylie's fella? Obviously your scammer is a Kylie fan!

This is the Email I sent in reply , the number just happens to be the Garda fraud squad, I do hope he states his buisness and leaves his details for me to collect ;-)

Hey
    I have no problem not paying tax! I hate taxes, like my father and his forefathers I will do ANYTHING to not pay the E-JIT tax. How high is the E-JIT tax over there in Holland? I am really thinking about putting you in contact with my lawyer who is a very good man who is willing to help honest people like you and I to keep as much of their hard earned money as possible. he might be able to set up the deal for my new car better than I could as he knows all the tricks to use in the import/export buisness, what do you think about that?
    You can call me on 01 - 6663777 and just tell the receptionist what your buisness is ( I told her about the new car I was going to be getting) and ask for me by name. if Im out, just leave your number with her and Ill pick it up when I get back to the office. Could you send me some pictures of the high class cars you have in stock? I would like a silver one with leather seats if possible , If you have any of the BMWs with the new photon injector system for fuel efficiency or a mercedes with the skyhook system fitted I would be really intrested, because those accessories were never fitted to the Irish cars we have here, because they were too expensive new and all car accessories get the AMA-DAN tax here

Regards
    Sony Daly

You can call me on 01 - 6663777 and just tell the receptionist what your buisness is ( I told her about the new car I was going to be getting) and ask for me by name

Erm... don't all Dublin Gardaí stations phone numbers start with 666?? :dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Originally posted by Sleepy
    V. good. Did anything come of the forwarding the details to the police?
    Don't think he bothered, he just said it to put the wind up yer man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

This is the Email I sent in reply , the number just happens to be the Garda fraud squad,

Originally posted by Raz
    This is the Email I sent in reply , the number just happens to be the Garda fraud squad,

Oops! Sorry, I should pay more attention :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

no santry garda starts with 842, dancing priest just a thought if he is thick enough to ring the fraud squad wont they answer and say somthing like "hello fraud squad how can i help u", would have been better to give him the no for a payphone instead:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by dogz
    no santry garda starts with 842, dancing priest just a thought if he is thick enough to ring the fraud squad wont they answer and say somthing like "hello fraud squad how can i help u", would have been better to give him the no for a payphone instead:)
    Given his poor English, I'm sure a thick country accent mumbling "fraud squad" down the phone, would go over his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

very good ;) is it real???

• Advertisement
Advertisement