Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aha! , I have a scammer baited , Finally!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Any news Dancing_Priest??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by dogz
    no santry garda starts with 842
    Erm that might be the number behind the public number but all of the stations do have 666 numbers http://www.garda.ie/angarda/statlinks/dma.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

No , no reply as of yet strangley enough, He's usually very prompt about replying, I'll send him in another one tomorrow morning if theres no reply by then.
    Either way unless he knew the dialing code for ireland and knew to drop the 0 He'd never get through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

Originally posted by seamus
    Given his poor English, I'm sure a thick country accent mumbling "fraud squad" down the phone, would go over his head.

yea i suppose ur right never thought of that:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by viking
    A friend of mine did this:

Ethel Wormvarnish baits a scammer

hehehe, excellent read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Originally posted by Hobbes
    You can probably use this to your advantage as well..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3906607.stm

:)
    Reminds me of the ring.
    Erm that might be the number behind the public number but all of the stations do have 666 numbers http://www.garda.ie/angarda/statlinks/dma.html
    Anyone remember, there was this woman on the radio and she was going on about a secret evil cult floating around every country, trying to take over the world. One of the things she was raving on about was that all of the garda stations have 666 numbers and that this was the work of this cult. She also said how she was followed all around the world by them, and that they had even tried to change the hyms in the church, so as to praise the devil. :eek: :p

Here's a good scam the scammer story-- P-P-POWERBOOK!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

isn't Oliver Martinez the actor dude who is/was going out with Kylie Minogue?#

edit: didn't see Mousie beat me to this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭morlan

Originally posted by neXus9
    Reminds me of the ring.

Anyone remember, there was this woman on the radio and she was going on about a secret evil cult floating around every country, trying to take over the world. One of the things she was raving on about was that all of the garda stations have 666 numbers and that this was the work of this cult.

Wasn't that on Adrian Kennedy on 104?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

yeah, it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Small article in todays Times passing on warnings from the banks about scams originating with replies to offers of items for sale. The scam involves the fraudsters paying for the goods with forged or counterfeit bankdrafts for an amount greater than that asked for, and the receiver refunding them the excess in real money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

Okay an update , I took a day off. Well it seems that consistancy is not our mans strongpoint!

Goodday Sony,
    Thanks for the mail back to me.
    Prior to my last mail concerning buying your car, my client in Ireland is oweing me 6000euros
    of which I will instruct him to issue you the
    bankers draft on my behalf,so i would need your full name your contact details and your mobile number you would then cash the
    money from the draft and collect how much we bought
    the car and the remaining balance would
    be sent
    to my shipping agent via western union money
    transfer in order to start arranging shippment of
    the items down to its destination.
    If these would be okay by you,kindly get back to me.
    kind regards..
    oliver martinez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

Any updates on this lovejoy ?

I love to see them f00kers been taking for a ride

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

nm wrote:
    Police estimate that every year, US citizens alone are conned out of some $200m.

Sweet merciful crap!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

heh, proves alot of Americans are thick ****s, but in the end I'm sure this happens in Ireland to and it simple comes down to greedy thick****s!
    Good reading btw, very funny stuff, can't beat the back to the future and startrek references

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Cabaal wrote:
    heh, proves alot of Americans are thick ****s, but in the end I'm sure this happens in Ireland to and it simple comes down to greedy thick****s!
    Good reading btw, very funny stuff, can't beat the back to the future and startrek references
    The Irish are really bad for it. Remember that group of Women in some upper-middle class area who held a party for that "Women Empowering Women" pyramid scheme, and then promptly got relieved of €40,000 cash by two armed raiders. Apparently the Irish are suckers for pyramid schemes and 419 scams and the rest. We're probably a little too trusting, but I'd also say we're a little too superstitious too. Maybe they go hand in hand.

Advertisement