Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Funking Brother

• 21-07-2004 12:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭

Anybody have any idea how much longer this sh1te has got left to run this year??

I am proud to say I have yet to watch it (bar flicking it on and off again very very quickly) read about it or talk to anyone about it, but I am sick of knowing that I HAVE to avoid it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

yeah i think people who watch is are so fcuking sad.

"Not a lot going on in my life so I'll watch someone elses"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'd watch it if one of the housemates was actually a sociopathic cannibal, planted unbeknownst to the rest of the "normal" (read "horrifically dull and pathetic cretins who by all rights should have been a stain in their parents bedsheets") contestants.

Or if one housemate a week is targeted by ninjas for death and if the others manage to save his/her life, they're given a little food...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

do the brits actually watch that sh!te me thinks brits=sad b@stards for watching it and ch4 are putting it on e4 because its a use for what is a waste of a channel (with the exception of eurotrash:) ) does any 1 no how many more years of this crap we have to put up with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Originally posted by dogz
    do the brits actually watch that sh!te me thinks brits=sad b@stards for watching it
    Not just British folks. The great unwashed of just about every country is hooked.
    does any 1 no how many more years of this crap we have to put up with

Until it stops making a profit. This means until people start looking for standards in tv programming. Which could well mean we'll be waiting forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Originally posted by Sarky
    I'd watch it if one of the housemates was actually a sociopathic cannibal, planted unbeknownst to the rest of the "normal" (read "horrifically dull and pathetic cretins who by all rights should have been a stain in their parents bedsheets") contestants.

Or if one housemate a week is targeted by ninjas for death and if the others manage to save his/her life, they're given a little food...

You should be programme director of RTE, that could be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Originally posted by Sleipnir
    yeah i think people who watch is are so fcuking sad.

I'm sad :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

me too. i wish i lived my life on a higher plane like everyone else who watches 'smart' tv.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its nothing to do with watching "smart" TV, but its got everything to do with BB being ****ing stupid TV.

it is the most mind-numbingly **** series ever broadcast, if only idiots would stop ringing the phone lines with their votes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

OOO Yippee this is one of those threads where it cool to hate something isn't it ???

Ignorance is bliss or so they say, and this forum is in no shortage of knockers of things which are popular.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T WATCH IT then you'll have no opinion of it :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

So people can only comment on something if they like it?
    IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T READ IT !

Go back to your Big Brother forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

òk lets not start flames here
    i would be interested in finding out why people watch it
    i just cant figure out the fascination people have with it
    so if you watch it please let us know why

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Its like junk food. Do I REALLY want to consume it? No. Am i disgusted with myself afterwards? Yes. Am i going to stop consuming it? Well, you see, heres the paradox...........

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I watch the BB show thats on at night, but I don't watch the 24 live feed or any of that other crap. It can be interesting and funny at times, like last night when they had 'sex' under the table.

Its a simple case of seeing how people react to a non normal situation. There are plenty of other programs that do the same thing, but wouldn't get as much hype; wifeswap, faking it, trouble at the top. I would that if you named of all your fav programs, there would be something thats reality based.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Originally posted by dogz
    do the brits actually watch that sh!te me thinks brits=sad b@stards for watching it and ch4 are putting it on e4 because its a use for what is a waste of a channel (with the exception of eurotrash:) ) does any 1 no how many more years of this crap we have to put up with

Er...... you don't HAVE to "put up" with it.

You don't HAVE to watch it.

There are other channels out there aside from Channel 4 and E4.

Oh and FYI - There is one series of Big Brother left on contract, so 2005 should be the end of it. Unless, of course, that contract gets extended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

the way i see it, its the slowest story ever told. kinda like a jarmusch film.

I've identified two distinct BB watchers.

The first is the people who call and vote, who look up to the contestants and indeed the whole celebrity circus. These are the folk who vote foolishly, taking out the ones who cause confrontation, watering the whole thing down. Usually teenagers.

then theres the sadistic person who finds day to day small moments interesting such as the way someones smiley face momentarily crumbles to a put down. The people who watch the show in the hope that something negative(interesting) is gonna happen but never vote cos that would be "getting too close". Usually unemployed stoners.

Lucky for me im a self-employed tool fitter.

Advertisement