Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planet-Tribes & IGN - together!

Options
  • 15-04-1999 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hehe - 'together at last'.. awww...

Yes folks, 'tis true. IGN and PT are now working together to create a new concept in gaming sites - a dedicated European Tribes site, in four languages.

Now, I'd like to introduce Mr. Vaggabond over there who I've already appointed as a member of staff - (say 'hello'). (VA: I'll contact u shortly).

So, we now need a domain name idea - what should it be? Something classy, easy to remember and shortish.

I need your ideas luvvies! Your creative input daaaalings... Smile for the camera..

So, lets get going. The site is 80% done, just needs a name smile.gif

--Brit--

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Hello smile.gif

my names vaggabond yadda yadda.

I have been appointed by his majesty Brit, as a sub-editor-UK and Ireland European Tribes Site.

Would www.euro-tribes.com be too simple.

www.tribetastic.com smile.gif

vagga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

I like the www.euro-tribes.com

easy to remember & has euro in it smile.gif

hey Brit - the map review site i was telling you about is :
    http://www.planethalflife.com/radium/

HAven't looked at it for a while, but when i was playing multi-halflife (before tribes), I thought they had excellent reviews; well written with cool nicely compressed screenshots.

It would be good to have something similar for tribes, but I think it would be a lot harder. I don't see how we could do this without a bunch of dedicated people and as you know you need at least 8 people for maps the size of broadside, and for maps like scarabrae 12+ is ideal. Without the numbers of people willing to try out a map several times and without a dedicated place to try it out, i don't see it happening.

But it's worth checking out the radium site, and worth keeping in mind : maybe as more euro servers open up we might get a chance to play on a lot more maps & then be informed enough to write up some things smile.gif

As for the euro site this is a great idea; especially with translations. The internet (and subsequently on-line gaming) is already booming in scandinavia as we know, but I believe we will definitely see a major increase in Spain, France and Germany. Maybe you know this, but there have been internet boycotts (one-day protests) in all three of these countries recently where people have rebelled against the high price of phone calls & internet charges - all of which are extortionate even compared to the UK and Ireland.

Euro-sites like your proposed site can only help get interest levels up & we should make sure word gets around once you are up and running. Good Luck!

So - let me know if there are any areas that (humble) me can help you on!

ck

Advertisement