Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dubrovnik

• 21-07-2004 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I am going to dubrovnik this Saturday,

I am wondering has anyone been there and could anyone recommend any pubs or clubs.

I am particulary interested in finding out is there any where I can watch the GAA on Sunday.
    I have done a search on google but so far there seems to very little i nthe line of proper Irish Bars.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There's an Irish Bar all right, sells Kilkenny too. Go into the old town, down near the South (maybe east?) gate, if you walk a little down the main concourse, away from the gate, on your left there are small streets (more alleys really) that lead down off the main street, onto more streets running parallel to the main street, behind those shops. The Irish bar is on the first of these, and is signposted.

Sorry, twas two years ago I was there, memory isn't perfect. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

If you go in the entrance where the big fountain is, then walk about 100m down the main st and then turn right. it's on a corner there somewhere and as seamus said is signposted. The won't have the GAA matches, or at least they didn't last year. I think they did have sky sports, but i'm not sure of that.

There's a club just outside that main gate too. It is rubbish. There's also an Australian bar somewhere there too. From what I seen it's not really a pub/club town more of a cafe/restaurant type town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

It's kinda difficult to get RTE via satellite that far east..
    maybe Setanta might show the match..

Advertisement