Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-Life 2 - 16 days until bug free.

Options
  • 21-07-2004 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭

over on PHL

there's news of a email from gabe newell (founder of valve) that in 16 days half-life2 should be bug free.
    According to this message from HL2 World's Forums, user jb55 has posted an email reputedly from Gabe Newell in reponse to a question about a possible delay. Here's a quote:

Right now we are looking at our bug numbers. Each day you fix some bugs and you find some new bugs. The net number tells you how quickly you will get to zero.

At our current rate of find/fix bugs, we'll be down to zero bugs in 16 days.

At any rate, it seems HL2 is getting closer and closer. As always, we at PHL will keep you updated as any new developments occur.

Thanks to Anthony Stone for sending this one in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

yes but not 16 consecutive days, It will be released when its released

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

but at least there's more news seeping through, tis better than them saying it's done when it's done type thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

I reckon given id's recent statement about doom 3 going gold, whether it's fully bug fixed or not, valve will want hl2 out the doors asap to stop doom 3 taking all the steam, haha, that was unintentional by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

There has never been a product relased with 0 bugs.
    There are always know issue etc. Don't kid yourself.
    As stated it will be out when its out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

There's a big difference between 0 bugs and 0 known bugs. It'll only have 0 bugs when we the gamers finish testing it. Of course we call it "playing the game and downloading the patches" but it's all the same :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

trying to rain on iD's parade

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Actually they'll likely release it well after Doom3, there's no point in releasing 2 games swith massive cult followings of similar genre at the same time. Give folks a chance to get another paycheck in and they both win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I would say November at the earliest .. anything closer is too close to Doom 3

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

why would they bother holding off the release, i mean like they are going to get the sales no matter what.

i'm going to buy the two of them doom3 and hl2 and i think most people who have good pc's will do the same.

also they are releasing a beta of their multiplayer on august 10th so why would they do that if the release date is in november?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

My 4th year project is going to be handed up on toilet paper.

Too many good games coming out.

[pimp] wh40k dawn of war w00t! [/pimp]

• Advertisement
Advertisement