Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview with loonyboi - tribes graphics guy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I've been buggering about with implementing water in Tribes, and it's extraordinarily difficult, because of the way it reshapes the landscape as you fly towards it.... the best I've been able to do is to create a "water plane" which means that the whole way across the map, water is at a certain level.... Creates cool islandy maps, but otherwise not very useful. And badly buggy at the moment. It also needs work on the swimming physics, which at the moment just consider the water to be a lo-G environment... not very accurate...! smile.gif

And now they've gone and done it properly in Tribes 2, which is cool cos I don't have time to play with this any more anyway... smile.gif

Mata ne!
    Rob

Advertisement