Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SQL file too big

Options
  • 21-07-2004 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

Not sure where to put this.

I have a backup of a vB database it's 3.x MB now i want to restore it but phpMyAdmin has a upload limit on files as 51000 kb or something. I can't get shell access to the server. Is there any other way to do this? Is there anything that will automate breaking up the SQL file into smaller bits?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Ivan Dunaev

51000 kb or 51000 b?
    even if you explode your sql-file, you will have 60+ files to upload. are you ready for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

oh jesus it's 51000 KB so I should be able to upload it I looked at it and assumed it wouldn't work.

Thnaks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Ivan Dunaev

if 51 kb, not 51 mb, then one of the reasonable ways is to upload your file via FTP and then process it with some server script

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

No it's 51000 KB ~ 49MB so it does work. But thanks for the server scripts idea when the file gets bigger than 51000 KB that will be useful.

Advertisement