Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit card management

Options
  • 21-07-2004 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

dear users

I have been asked to do a content based website for one of my clients, which involves allowing registered users to browse online courses as long as they have paied for their subscription using a credit card. I have sucesfully completd websites in the past but I have never undertaken something of this nature before. Has anyone here ever carried this out ? Any tips you may have would be well appreciated, or of any of you know of any good information resources that would also help me alot. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Which part is causing problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

I have no particular problem blacknight, I was just wondering do any of you guys know where there is some good resources of information on this stuff. Thanks

I suppose you could start by researching credit card payments, then hosting :D and your backend solution.
    VB3 supports subscriptions....

What is VB3 exactly ?

• Advertisement

I am actually wondering how is it possible for me to be able to verify a users credit card details when they register as new students ? Do I need to connect to the banks database or use a third party system ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

You need to set-up a merchant account with your bank and then contact a company such as Realex To set-up the secure online transactions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

I would agree with Sposs Relax is an excellent Irish payment provider.

2 Checkout would also be a choice, if you wanted to get your merchant account there and then without having to fill out any paperwork they take £ Euro and $ they issue an account in a matter of seconds and dont require paper work. There is a once off $49 setup fee.

I would see Relax to be the best Irish choice.

Paysystems.com would also be another US merchant to look at, they do require faxing of paper work.

World Pay would another excellent merchant however require quite a bit of paperwork, they also charge bigger setup fees.

All the US merchants will wire money to any Irish bank account or send you a CQ

Hey guys thanks for the replies you have been most helpful. I have another question. The site I will be working on is a learning portal for healthcare. I will be working with JSP and SQL to handle a database of users. I know this question has been asked before many times, but how much should I charge for this site. Is under two grand reasonable or should I charge more ? I have completed one site in the past, and I have some intermediate graphic design skills also.

I would recommend you read over the previous threads on this. It has been discussed at length.

• Advertisement

I have looked over the other threads and there seems to be alot to wade through to find and answer. I cant seem to find anything. Do you not think its worth a shot for me to ask someone here ? Is 1600 euro too little for me considering I have completed a commercial brochure site before ? Should I charge *alot* more ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Sposs wrote:
    You need to set-up a merchant account with your bank and then contact a company such as Realex To set-up the secure online transactions.

Hey Sposs,
    Looking for something like this for a site for a registered charity that wants to accept donations online.

Do you know what would the annual cost for something like this- The realex site is not specific.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Hey,

As far as i know its starts off at €40 per month for a batch of 100 Transactions after that your looking at around 50c per transaction, however don't quote me on that ,your better off just dropping them a mail as they can sort out a custom package or might offer better rates for Charities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Cheers Sposs,

I have contacted them no anwser yet though. I dont know what the client thinks as I'm not sure of their expectation of through put of donations would be from the web.

Keep u posted if they do have any specials going !

Advertisement