Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

auckland

• 21-07-2004 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

thinking of heading to auckland next summer for 3/4 months. any advice about what i need to get, aside from the visa and what travel co's do the best packages from anyone who has been to new zealand. i am a student so obviously usit are top of the list, but do sayit or goforless do it as well?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'll leave it to others to advise you on what to do when you get there, but have you tried Trailfinders? I'm on a Oz-NZ-US trip next year and I'm using the One World Alliance Discovery pass which gives me 7 flights for €1350 + tax. There's a milage limit (think its 29,000 miles).

You'll have the option of BA, Aer Lingus, Quantas, American Airlines, and a few others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

cheers. those prices sound good, so i might just get the visa sorted out with usit and then book the flights myself as i figure booking the whole package thing with usit may be a bit pricier. i don't know though really...

Work permit info available from www.immigration.govt.nz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ixus

There was a thread here last week with some good advice, i suggest finding it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

i think this is the thread you were looking for:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=171297

• Advertisement

Originally posted by therecklessone
    I'll leave it to others to advise you on what to do when you get there, but have you tried Trailfinders? I'm on a Oz-NZ-US trip next year and I'm using the One World Alliance Discovery pass which gives me 7 flights for €1350 + tax. There's a milage limit (think its 29,000 miles).

You'll have the option of BA, Aer Lingus, Quantas, American Airlines, and a few others.

Booked my flights today. Not quite as flexible I thought, I couldn't use Cathay Pacific between Hong Kong and Cairns. Other than that, got the flights I wanted.

However, either the first person I talked to lied to me or today's one screwed me, but the cost was €1650 + tax, not €1350 as I was told originally.

Advertisement