Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*Confirmed* Newcastle get Kluivert!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

gwan the toon army.

originally posted by VinnyL
    does anyone else think he's past it?

i very much doubt at 28 he is past it.
    i would say he has been signed on a performance based contract, with big goal bonuses.
    maybe the premiership will suit him.
    only time will tell

*evilhomer edits fantasy premierleague team*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Kluiverts one of europes best strikers,he will be a big success at newcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Originally posted by AngelofFire
    Kluiverts one of europes best strikers,he will be a big success at newcastle

Is he not convinced that his talents lie other than up front though? likes to drop back in to the hole - whether the manager likes it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Kluivert is a fantastic signing for a club like Newcastle, hopefully he will have an affect like jay-jay Okocha(sp*) did at Bolton.

But yet again Newcastle are bolstering their front line despite their defence remaining an absolute shambles, Woodgate is the only good player there. You cannot rely on guys like Andy O' Brien or Titus Bramble or Aaron Hughes.
    Have they not learned anything from the Greeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

As long as the other 10 players are told the ball must be to his feet, he dont do no running for the ball crap.
    Needs 5 chances to score and unlike Andy Cole doesnt make up for missing chances with working hard for the team.

But in PL he wil get 20 goals easy and if him and shearer both fit would expect 50 ish between them ,but prolly concede that also.

Kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by KdjaC
    As long as the other 10 players are told the ball must be to his feet, he dont do no running for the ball crap.
    Needs 5 chances to score and unlike Andy Cole doesnt make up for missing chances with working hard for the team.

Kdjac

Very true and don't forget he has always caused turmoil in every dressing room he ever entered and said he was only interested in a move to a london club but apart from that he's a good signing.

NOT

BTW Where's Bannor ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

has anyone here actually SEEN HIM PLAY live?

i've seen him twice (Liverpool v Barca, UEFA Semi & Barca v Marid, Nou Camp LaLiga) and he was the laziest player on the pitch, especially in the uefa semi. no hunger, no desire and he will continue to do this at newcastle. unless he is spoon-fed with glorious crosses (robert?) or bellamy rns the pitch to give him a tap in, he wont score many. not in the top 10 strikers in the prem. not near.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Originally posted by VinnyL

i've seen him twice (Liverpool v Barca, UEFA Semi & Barca v Marid, Nou Camp LaLiga) and he was the laziest player on the pitch, especially in the uefa semi. no hunger, no desire and he will continue to do this at newcastle. unless he is spoon-fed with glorious crosses (robert?) or bellamy rns the pitch to give him a tap in, he wont score many. not in the top 10 strikers in the prem. not near.

Seen him play loads of times for Ajax, Barca and holland......world class finsiher! he is still only 28 and just reacking his peak! he was one of the World best strikers not so long ago but the last 2 seasons in Spain havent work out for him and he got in a huff and so became lazy when playing because he wasnt really bothered!!

If things start off well at Newcastle and he loves Bobby Robson then Newcastle will prob have the PL top scorer next season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Originally posted by The Muppet
    BTW Where's Bannor ;)
    He's already regretting not signing for Atletico! :D

He said no to Atletico because the initially offered him €500K more of a signing on fee, when it came to signing they had reduced the fee, he threw a strop and the deal was ended. Barcelona are paying half of Kluivert's wages for this season (this is the reason he initially considered the deal). Newcastle have an option on another two years for the player, but next May if they decide to keep him they will sit down a negotiate a contract.

What Bobby Robson told Kluivert to bring him to the club:

"Lovely set of lads in the squad."

"We have great supporters who are yearning for success"

"Shearer won't be involved in the first team after Christmas once you have settled in." :eek:

"Newcastle is a nice spot and is the cultural and social capital of the North of England"

"The club have got a nice property on the coast over looking a beach. It'll be just like Barcelona except you won't have to worry about being bothered by the public or tabloids" :D

Louis Van Gaal is an advisor to Kluivert, he told him on Monday night that if he wanted to move to London then Newcastle was the best option for his career - "Join Newcastle and you'll sign for a big London club within two years".

Should now get a bit of info on the goings on inside Newcastle, little compensation for the loss of Anfield sources though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by Bannor

Should now get a bit of info on the goings on inside Newcastle, little compensation for the loss of Anfield sources though.

That Hoillier then? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

i've seen him twice (Liverpool v Barca, UEFA Semi & Barca v Marid, Nou Camp LaLiga) and he was the laziest player on the pitch, especially in the uefa semi.
    Saw those matches too and I agree. Lazy lazy player. Hes got the skill, not the attitude. Could still do well though. Newcastle are decent enough to provide good ball for him and he is a good striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

I'd say Kluivert is past it. People talk about peaks but its different for each player. Kluivert has been playing top level football for 10 years, anytime recently that I've seen him he looks like a player aged 38 not 28!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Louis Van Gaal is an advisor to Kluivert, he told him on Monday night that if he wanted to move to London then Newcastle was the best option for his career - "Join Newcastle and you'll sign for a big London club within two years".

Wyay A AYe man I,m sure Next February when he's training in minus 10 degrees in a force 7 Blizzard he wont be able to tell the difference.

I Think Kluivert will be a flop in England as he does not posess the qualities necessary to be a top striker in the premiership and he will not get the service he needs in an average Newcastle team. His chances of getting a move to one of the big London clubs are Zilch so as I said before if he has his heart set on playing in London he should settle for Palace.

Good, the Gossip out of Newcastle will be much juiceier it being the Social and cultural capital of the North.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭ALLGOOD

*Confirmed* Newcastle get Kluivert!

Great, another complete waster in their ranks. They have about as much chance as Everton to winning the prem'ship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Originally posted by ALLGOOD
    Great, another complete waster in their ranks. They have about as much chance as Everton to winning the prem'ship.

Explain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I would imagine he's refering to laurent robert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by SheroN
    I would imagine he's refering to laurent robert.
    Robert, a waster? He can be lazy at times but 12 goals and 16 assists in 1 season is absolutely top class for a midfielder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Kluivert will score in PL and score a lot, but he wont win many fans over if he continues his lazy as streak.

he is a natural finisher would be nice if the problems he had were Barca related and he ahd a return to form with Newcastle.

Kdjac

Advertisement