Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

system32 file

Options
  • 21-07-2004 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

My bro who knows nothing about comps has just deleted a file called system32/bridge.dll file can i get it back and what steps will i need to take?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

It depends how he deleted it. Look in your recycle bin. If it's there right click on it and select the restore option (should be the first option).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

yeah that went missing of a computer in work recently, hasnt caused any problems whatsoever and nobody knows what it is.

did he actually delete it or did it disappear by itself, maybe with some spyware or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 waterboy99

its not in the recycle bin and every time i restart the pc a window comes up with error system32/bridge.dll is missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

exactly the same thing that happened here in work. no idea how to fix it, causes no problems ive noticed apart from the annoying pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by waterboy99
    My bro who knows nothing about comps has just deleted a file called system32/bridge.dll file can i get it back and what steps will i need to take?
    Do you really want it back?
    (a good answer is "no")

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.winfavorites.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Originally posted by sceptre
    Do you really want it back?
    (a good answer is "no")

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.winfavorites.html

Looks like your bro might be a little more in the know than you gave him credit for! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

BACK UP YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE DOING ANY OF THIS. I'm not going to take responsibility for any of this. it was copied straight from the symantec site, so if it doesn't work, contact them!

as you can see from that link above, you just need to remove these two registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

and:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\bridge

which will remove the error and stop windows from trying to contact the vendors website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Install and run Adaware will probably find the offending reg entries and remove them safely for you too.
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Advertisement