Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are people so ignorant? (staff and customers)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

11th November. And if I have to ask another person to preorder it...
    *insert angry kirby here*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

11th November. And if I have to ask another person to preorder it...
    *insert angry kirby here*

lol....i kinda liked it (very repetitive but just about fun enough). Any idea on the release date for a pc version?
    EDIT: looks like there is no pc version yet accourding to BUNGIE....
    p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Is the staff discount any good? Coz you could buy cheap from them and sell in the for sale section here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Staff discount, but that's about it.
    We're planning to have a Halo party after work the day Halo 2 comes out, which sucks for me because I've only ever played it once...

what type of halo party are yous plannin? we(dawson street) plan on getting about 2 or 3 pods and having a big link up thing going on.

One of our managers is paying for taxis back to his house, where he's got a decent setup with xboxen and system link. And beer. Lots of beer. :)

• Advertisement

score! that sounds deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sam_hain

...I get to be moderator :p

Nah seriously the staff discount ain't all its cracked up to be. For one you get a limited amount of discount and full timers get more than part timers.

Haven't heard much about the halo parties that are going on in either stores but would be interested.

And welcome oh bearded one :P anyone who hates Game (espically Grafton St) is a friend of mine.

And another thing. Did any of the staff here get a call from grafton street about working yesterday. Seemingly no one turned up for work yesterday.

Ha Ha Ha

GO DAWSON STREET! I am lovin my new job. I am also lovin the discount. as soon as my back pay comes in(my first pay cheque as some might say) im buying an xbox and kotor. I found perfect dark, brand new in the stock room yesterday. got it for like a tenner. well happy with myself! one of the best shooters ive played. pity it was relesed a bit late in the consoles lifespan.

hey PEKELLY I think that was the manager you were served by. hes english and he's so sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 *curls invisible beard*

sam_hain wrote:

And welcome oh bearded one :P anyone who hates Game (espically Grafton St) is a friend of mine.

And another thing. Did any of the staff here get a call from grafton street about working yesterday. Seemingly no one turned up for work yesterday.

Ha Ha Ha

Pulling sickies again. Company has great ideals, don't work at all in practice. Unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

I would hate to work in a GAME, **** pay and all the lil 6-7 year olds coming up to you asking how much a certain item is when they Price tag is clearly on it.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    hey PEKELLY I think that was the manager you were served by. hes english and he's so sound!

Not sure it was the manager, he seemed a bit young!!! :D I was looking for that f-zero game for the gamecube and he made a decent effort to find it....

what did he look like? long or short hair?

evad_lhorg wrote:
    what did he look like? long or short hair?
    To tell you the truth i'm not the most observant of guys (especially since it wasn't a cute girl i was observing:D ) but he was quite tall, a little bit heavy and i think had short dark hair.

the only one who is a little bit heavy is the manager but he's not what you described. I think I know who you mean thuogh. yea no fzero gx anyway! lol

evad_lhorg wrote:
    the only one who is a little bit heavy is the manager but he's not what you described. I think I know who you mean thuogh. yea no fzero gx anyway! lol

Oops....like i said i'm piss-poor when it comes to remembering people and describing what they look like...once had to describe a dodgy character to the GARDA and when they caught him (no thanks to my input) he was actually totally different. :o:o

Should thank him for me anyway....

p

sam_hain wrote:

Ha Ha Ha
    Not Grafton Street, but I did get one about working in Liffey Valley. I politely refused, then went back to sleep for another 3 hours. :D
    And evad_lhorg, DAMN YOU for getting Perfect Dark! Raaaaah!

HAHAHHA I sa on it on my very first day there just lying in the stock room in the middl of nowhere. it had my name written all over it! and now its sitting nicely in my n64. we have about 3 other n64 games. two formula 1 games and pokemon snap

Damn city centre branches. There's been no N64 games in Tallaght since I started.. (14 months ago) and my manager made me refuse a guy trying to trade N64 games today. I was going to put GC codes on them and buy them myself. It had Pokemon Stadium dammit!

nah grafton street have none either so im told. must be just us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

Sand wrote:
    Ah that brings me back to the days..... Dealing with customers, saying "Yeah, sure, Ill go look for x,y,z for ya" heading off into the backstores and staying there for a good 15-20 minutes till they sodded off.

Or all those people whod come up to you, shove some obscure product into your face asking "How much is dis?", WTF, how the hell should I know,
    I've always loathed having to work with people who won't pull their weight and expect their workmates to do their jobs for them when they can't be bothered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

_CreeD_ wrote:
    If you don't like the job/pay/management....leave. Get one you'll like rather than sitting on your arse and whining about how the people that pay for what little wage you do seem willing to accept actually expect you to (god forbid)...WORK. That's why it's spelled that way and not FUN. See the difference? W O R K - F U N .
    Agree 100%.

Advertisement