Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

harrassing calls on mobile phone

• 21-07-2004 5:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

someone I work with told me that a friend of theirs is being harassed non stop by some guy on her mobile phone. texts, phone calls.. that kinda thing. I'm not sure what exactly he has been saying but it's along the lines of "i'm going to rape you", etc etc..
    she has replied to his messages and has gotten people to call him, but no one recognises his voice. Apparently the guy knows where she drinks, hangs out.. etc etc..

the guy in my office is wondering is there anything that can be done? can the police or vodafone/o2 do anything? (not sure of the networks)
    or is it all she can do to get a new phone? but even then.. that will only stop the phone calls, it won't stop him if he tries to do anything..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Tell them to go to the police and get your friend to call her mobile operator and change her number.
    Does your friend have this freak's number?
    Most likely it's an RTG he's using and would therefore be untraceable (well not completely but...)

Again, POLICE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Call the gardai, threatening rape is quite a serious business like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TUTS

Tell her to bring the phone to her local Guarda station. Report it NOW! Show the the txt's, call times and the nature of the calls. Tell her NOT 2 play it down, act worried towards the cop. They have to take it seriously.

Dont be humin and hawn about making a big deal about nothing to the guards.
    This is a big deal....Get it sorted before its 2 late. Might only be kids ..... but if she's this scared (to tell her friends) Do it before its 2 late!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ken90

Whether it's a RTG or paid mobile, the guards can tell what area the calls are coming from.
    With your friends permission they will be able to track her incoming calls and work from there.
    With modern digital tech. you would be surprised just how much they can check!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

A girl I work with had a similar problem a year or two ago, knew where she lived to. His phone was unregistered so the cops couldn't trace him. I called, pretended to be from vodafone and said if he gave his details to me to register him he would get €40 credit. The dumbass did and then the details, which was his home address, and after a call to his parents his address in Dublin, were passed on to the cops, and a number of ads were also placed in the buy and sell for him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement