Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my 2 cd drives have stopped working

Options
  • 21-07-2004 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭

my 2 cd drives have stopped working and don't show up in 'my comp.' anymore. when i checked device manager i got the following for each:

'Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)'

How the hell do i fix this? i reinstalled both but i get the same thing and i'm afraid to go messing with regedit in case i balls things up all together! any ideas ppl? thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If you're running XP, start with this (code 19 is documented here). When that doesn't work, post back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

ah well, i just used system restore. the easy way, but i couldn't be arsed trying to figure out what went wrong

Advertisement