Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book wanted

Options
  • 21-07-2004 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Thought this might get more response here

looking for the Rise of Endymion by Dan Simmions

will pay up to €10 including postage if in good condition or meet up in dublin

cheers

data

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You should be able to find it somewhere in Dublin. I've seen it loads of times in Waterstones and Easons. Failing that, there's always Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

its out of print, checked most waterstones and eason's, hodge figgis and such in dublin, they can't order it either.

amazon may have the american edition second hand but i'm a picky swine and would prefare the one that matches the other one i have.

i can get it in my local library to read but i wanna own it to complete the collection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Q_Elexra

Have you checked any second hand shops. I found a book in Chapters that has been out of print for nearly 30 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Charlie Byrne's bookshop in Galway has it...

Originally posted by Q_Elexra
    Have you checked any second hand shops. I found a book in Chapters that has been out of print for nearly 30 years.

aye that was my next step when i was in town

fenster thank you, should know someone in galway that can pick it up for me

cheers

data

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

yeah thats the american version which i'm trying to avoid, also didn't know you could ship amazon.com stuff here, or can you do it for a reasonable amount

have a friend gonna try to pick it up in galway for me this weekend when he's home

data

edit seems i can ship with amazon for about 8 dollars.
    cheers i'll look into that if the other falls through

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Are dan browns books good?? i just finished reading teh book The Da Vinci Code. It was excellent. im thinking of buying the Digital Fortress but could you recommend any of his other books for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Angels and demons, its another Robert Langdon book. Digital fortress and deception point are good too, but I prefer the 2 with langdon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 refused

also didn't know you could ship amazon.com stuff here, or can you do it for a reasonable amount
    check out http://amazon.co.uk Help > Dispatch & Delivery etc. There is a list of the rates for various items there.
    I'm sure you could pick up the book cheaper from a second hand store, if you can find it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement