Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God, what a day...

Options
  • 16-04-1999 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Nightmare day at work. Alls I want to do now is take out the frustration on some people. Unfortunately, doing this in RL inevitably ends up in strife, so I'll have to do it in Tribes smile.gif

Definitely see you on the servers tonight. When is the next official praccy btw??

--Brit--

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I'd have to agree with you buddy, the worlds worst ever week for me too sad.gif

I always find mortaring ppl in real life is just not worth the hastle, the whole jail, sodamy thang just does not do it for me smile.gif

I also will be on tonite as some stage. I dare someone to **** me off, ****in dare yis smile.gif. Im gonna settle in fron of my monitor with a few tinnies and the phone and money for a ching chong later. Ahhhh the joys of working life smile.gif.

I am gonna start testing HUD's and also give 'rodger wilco'a run out (real time chat as you are playing the game smile.gif If we got it working we would be virtually unbeatable as a team, solving our only apperant weakness - communication - talking not loosing time typing when you have flag/getting dissed in defence). It sounds a bit too good to be true to be honest.

Some one tell me the best defenseive hud plse, I dont fancy the whole try 16 different ones option.

I thought training was tommorow nite. 9 pm is a bit late for those of us actually with a life smile.gif 3 hours later we would be going out at 12 which is a bit late....for me anyways.

Is there gonna be structure to this training or just a mill around?

vagga

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Training begins at 9, and goes on until everyone leaves. smile.gif As for structure, that all depends on numbers. if we get 6 or more on each side, we can start doing interesting stuff like attack/defense squads and all the rest. If it goes like previous sessions, I'll probably practice my Improbable Mortar Jumps on various levels again. (flag to flag in 15 seconds as a heavy on Rollercoaster, for example. smile.gif

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

cant come - work sad.gif

though if you want to postpone til 2am im there smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Jaguar

Im in as usual

This time i hope people listen when i try to tell them SOMTHING!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

i might come annoy ye at trainin

and dar ill meet ya about 2 on one of the nights smile.gif
    we go muppet bashin together...like the good old days *sniffle* hehehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

yep i'll be there..teach me to mortar jump properly...i always end up falling *just* short of my intended target with bugger all energy and armour in a heavy..which is like a volvo without power steering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

Imagined Roger Wilco Transcript :

Vaggabond : *sshhclick*Going Offense - Am attacking enemy flag.Over*ssshclick*
    Chungking : *sshhclick*Roger That. Command Acknowleged. Am Defending our base.Over*sshhclick*
    Vaggabond : *ssshclick*I have the EnemyFlag Cover Me! over.*shhhclick*
    Chungking : *sshhclick*Ok...uh..hic...ooooooh unable to comply - must barf due to excessive gin consumption and unwise mixing of guinness and red wine - jet pack making me dizzy. head hurts.over*shhclick*
    Vaggabond : *sshhclick*Ah ffs - you know you fall asleep when you mix guinness and wine and **** yer friends off.over*sshhclick*
    ChungKing : *sshclick*yeah i know.over*

I am SO hung over. I am SOfu(cking ill. hic.

I have tried roger wilco with froggy & it's pretty cool - not sure when i'll be on next, but we should definitely try it - the problem is that we'll have to connect to it before playing.

did I say i was unwell. Condolences, mass cards, well wishes can be sent to my email address smile.gif

two tips for roger wilco
    1 : TURN OFF MIC CLICKS! god so annoying

2 : dont say over! talk like ur having a conversation, dont make it difficult!

me n dar were good with it, gotta get it sorted again

my mic is ****ed bah....

Btw,

if we do get roger wilco up an running, be careful what u say - can u imagine 8 of us all talkin useless waffle at the same time? smile.gif.

Best way would to appoint some1 commander and their the only one who talks unless somethin important happens. Stuff like incoming nmes an all can be handled with the voice system.

Btw, learn to do custom voice menus - makes communication a hell of a lot easier. Like i have the numpad bound to incomin nmes - a number for every direction. Tis bloody handy and a lot more usefull than screaming incoming nmes every 2 seconds.

ya dar
    but u know what i mean smile.gif

anyway wanna send me that cfg
    i cant script, im missin sometihn
    send me the kpad thing for example!! smile.gif
    plleeassseee heh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Brit

RW sounds like a good idea. To minimise useless chatter, you'd simply use proper radio protocols as all us sea faring kinda people do when using VHF.

BTW, anyone else having problems refreshing the IGN.IE 1 server?? Keeps vanishing..

--Brit--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

In a large team situation, RW _only_ works if you follow standard radio protocols. It's the same for any radio setup... I ran a radio-toting job for a while at a convention, and ppl using it for idle chatter were FRIED, and rightly so. Always use "Over" at the end of a sentence. Never say anything unnessecary. Say your name at the start of a transmission: As follows:

Shinji. In position behind nme base with inv stat. Over.

Don't use it to ask people where they are, you can see that on the command screen. And if something important is happenning ... Don't barge in to tell us all you've repaired something.

And remember - RW is only for dead important stuff. Use normal sends for other things.

Mata ne!
    Rob

Btw, anyone whos been having trouble upgrading their version of tribes should be gettin the full 19meg update - that'll solve anyproblems with dodgy copies.

And once you've done that:
    Get Prestopack
    Get Prestopack
    Get Prestopack smile.gif

Just managed to get it workin today and its fuppin deadly. Gives you a list of teammates at the bottem along with what their doing - what their attacking or defending, gives u graphical flag status, mine an grenade count, an much much more. Plus lets u use that trendy SniperHud and loads of other stuff that need presto. Much better voice tree, etc. Just believe me on this one smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Go back to bed.

Teeth

Advertisement