Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Wrexham {spoilers]

• 21-07-2004 8:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭

LIVERPOOL: Kirkland, Finnan, Traore, Hyypia, Medjani, Biscan, Welsh, Murphy, Cisse, Kewell, Le Tallec.

SUBS: Dudek, Diao, Whitbread, Warnock, Riise, Raven, Potter, Pongolle, Otsemobor, Foy.

Liverpool 1-1 Wrexham

Wrexham ahead because of sloppy defending.

Le Tallec draws Liverpool level after biscan hits the post.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Half Time socre 1:1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Liverpool 2 - 1 Wrexham

Le Tallec again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Originally posted by irishgeo

Le Tallec again

this boy is a legend. been saying that for 2 years. hope benitez is a fan of him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

this boy is a legend. been saying that for 2 years. hope benitez is a fan of him!

Looks like he might be alright, he was the only player to stay on for the full 90 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

from all reports Biscan had a decent run in the game. Looks like Rafa is going to assess all the squad, except perhaps Diouf!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Originally posted by cerbeus
    from all reports Biscan had a decent run in the game. Looks like Rafa is going to assess all the squad, except perhaps Diouf!

Can we have a rule please that bans all pro-biscan post. The sooner the man is packed off to whatever team is stupid enough to pay for him the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N145429040721-2319.htm
    Rafael Benitez declared himself a happy man after leading Liverpool for the first time in the 2-1 pre-season win over Wrexham and said he was pleased with the way the players responded to his ideas and way of playing.

Some interesting quotes that I can't help but wonder if they are a jibe at GH.

Igor Biscan did well in the first half playing central midfield which is his position. That is a good position for him and I want to see more of him playing there."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Originally said by rafa
    gor Biscan did well in the first half playing central midfield which is his position. That is a good position for him and I want to see more of him playing there.

thats what i like to hear, players in their right position :)
    from what i heard biscan was the player of the first half :eek:
    heres hoping he can make the CM slot his own (i.e. he plays well consistently) - saves a few bob

did traore have anything to do with the conceded goal?
    how was the style of play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

What was the formation and who played where also..

The references to Biscan playing in his correct position was definetly a slap in the face for GH :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    The references to Biscan playing in his correct position was definetly a slap in the face for GH :D
    I think it's more of an acknowledgement that Biscan has been played out of position in the past but is capable of putting in good performances in the correct position. This can be interpreted as a side-swipe at GH but I think Benitez is more interested in the mental impact the comments would have on the player.

Why does anything have to have any relevance to GH at this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Rafael Benitez
    Igor Biscan did well in the first half playing central midfield which is his position. That is a good position for him and I want to see more of him playing there.":eek: :dunno: :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

le tallec - i love the guy to be honest have him on my jersey:D
    i dont agree with all the anti-diouf banter he was one of the hardest working players last year.

noone see the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Originally posted by mayordenis
    i dont agree with all the anti-diouf banter he was one of the hardest working players last year.

I have to agree with you there. I thought he always gave good width
    on the right wing and wasn't afraid to run at people.
    He always seemed to be well involved in games he was playin in.
    I think his 2 main problems are his temper on the pitch and his attitude off it.
    I also think it is a bit unfair that people slate him for only scoring 6 goals in 80 games,
    seen as he rarely if ever, apart from his debut, played as a striker.

babbel scored more goals in fewer appearances than diouf, and he was a defender, so playing on the right is no excuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by eyerer
    babbel scored more goals in fewer appearances than diouf, and he was a defender, so playing on the right is no excuse
    I bet the vast majority if not all were from set pieces? Gary Breen scored a more goals for Ireland than Jonny Giles in the same amount of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    I bet the vast majority if not all were from set pieces? Gary Breen scored a more goals for Ireland than Jonny Giles in the same amount of games.

I wonder what old Johnny Go-Backwards would have to say about that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

In fairness to the 'Absent Minded Digressor' you neglected to mention that between 1960-1979 (Giles Era) Ireland had a goal per game ratio of 1.16. The rate during Breens era (1996-2004) stands at around 1.51.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Pigman II
    In fairness to the 'Absent Minded Digressor' you neglected to mention that between 1960-1979 (Giles Era) Ireland had a goal per game ratio of 1.16. The rate during Breens era (1996-2004) stands at around 1.51.
    I could argue that all of Babbel's goals came in the 2000/2001 season when Liverpool won the treble and also had a higher goal per game ratio.:) And the fact that Diouf isn't actually a midfielder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I could argue that all of Babbel's goals came in the 2000/2001 season when Liverpool won the treble and also had a higher goal per game ratio.:) And the fact that Diouf isn't actually a midfielder.

You could except I'm not here to defend Diouf's record any way. I'm merely highlighting that any Giles-Breen comparisons that don't take their respective era's into account are flawed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement