Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

messagemode on-off!

Options
  • 14-04-1999 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

ok when i am playing i dont even see hm own chat messages....
    So i am presuming i have something like
    messagemode off

Anyone help?
    dont know what i did

toil

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

can u see other people's messages? There are ways to modify your hud (check your control setup for the key - i think the default is 'k') but i dunno if you can turn the chat box off...

well - sorry for not being much help / i'm dossing at work & dont have the game here to try and figure it out for you - i'll take a look this evening if nobody else helps you out smile.gif

cheers - ck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭toil

no i can't see other peoples messages!

Dont have the game here but i dont have
    a clue whats wrong
    well i do... i have turned something off
    (or on....)
    ?just what is it! :-)

toil - if you try what i suggested before you can turn your chat display back on - hit the k key and you will get a menu detailing elements to be displayed on screen. One of those elements is chat display.

If K does not bring up the hud elements, then check your control setup - there is a key mapping for Hud config - under General.

If you have a warez version of tribes which has scripts altering your Hud config, then i can't help you im afraid - many of those Hud scripts are super buggy, i hear

coool thanks chungking
    will chkec this weekend

thanks

no problem smile.gif

• Advertisement

ok i tryed the hud display thing...
    and chat messaging was and is on!

As for the script idea...
    i think it works for the person i got it from