Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hidden dialer

• 21-07-2004 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

hello there
    I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a hidden dialer problem.
    I have installed : spybot, ad-aware & AVG(anti virus)
    but none have stopped this from periodically trying to connect to the net.
    I've searched for .exe files modified in the last week & came up with:

bling.exe which I deleted
    but I've google-searched for these:
    phqghu.exe
    Dklkajke.exe
    Kbglih32.exe
    luzpidx.exe

& have come up blank
    if any1 knows what they are please let me know..
    over the last month I have been victim to lots of trojans, viruses & god knows what else lol wtf is next
    anyway any help would be welcome..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

Hi,

What exactly is the problem?

a) something is trying to connect to the Internet?
    b) something is trying to dial a suspicious number?

If (a), it could be any number of pieces of software (including spyware-hunters and anti-virus software) checking home to see if there are any updates.

If you're set up to dial your default connection whenever someone tries to connect to the Internet then you may wish to change this. Alternatively, disconnect your telephone line or (if your modem is external) switch off the modem when not in use.

If (b) and you haven't found it yet, then good luck with your search.

Recommendations : Find alternatives to Internet Explorer and Outlook Express, if you haven't already. Keep your Windows patches up to date. Don't open email attachments that you're not expecting. (You've already got AV protection). I would venture that the above are responsible for almost all virus/worm/trojan activity these days.

Regards,

Liam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

just delete those exe's. They don't legit to me.
    If you find that one of the files is a real program, you can just restore from Recycle bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 shooterMac

Thanks for the response
    Just installed a different firewall "Kerio" it reports that there are more than 1 trying to dial out.
    I've tracked down alot of them & hey presto my connection speed has shot right up :)
    To any1 out there still using the XP firewall I can only recommend dropping it & going 3rd party.
    I may still be infected but at least they can't do any more
    harm.
    I'm using firefox by te way although my g-friend uses IE
    As for turning off the modem I've been doing that but the dialer kept interrupting my work (gaming hehe) This
    is one bad ass dialer ; dialing every 10 mins r so.
    Just had something trying to connect firewall reports:

Remote Point: customer-reverse-entry.69.59.164.204 [69.59.164.204], port 1999
    Protocol: 17

spliffed if I know what it is hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

can anyone recommend a free/cheap firewall that is better than XP's built in one and easy to configure?

(EDIT: Am trying Kerio :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Zone alarm - Tiny Firewall- Blackice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

Had tried zonealarm before and I didnt like it (too much hassle setting up rules). Kerio in contrast is a dream to use, and it filters out ads (including Google Ads on boards.ie :P )

Advertisement