Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Stepford Wives

• 21-07-2004 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,299 ✭✭✭✭

I watched the new version of this today.
    It is a black comedy which also has touches of a thriller in it.
    It is very short at only 80 mins without the start and end credits .
    It starts off poorly and alot of the jokes are very poor but picks up speed in the second half .
    I was enjoying it right up until the end which was re-edited due to test screenings.
    All I can say is they should have left it be as the new ending is a shambles and doesnt make sense.
    It looks like they were editing right up until the release date and ran out of time.
    A very average film.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Dancing duck

For a very average joe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

I'm a bit nervous of watching this new version. I really liked the original.
    I hate when they remake classics and make a complete arse out of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,299 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It seems the version in the Irish cinemas may well be different to the US version.
    It will have had time to fix the plot holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Nemici

its weird that movies that used to be a certain genre are being remade in another way entirely, starsky and hutch and the stepford wives a couple of examples.

havent seen either but loved the originals of both so I am kinda put off by remakes with a different spin.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I don't like the way that they've given away the bulk of the plot from the original in the trailer (i.e. how the wives are so perfect). Where can you take the plot from there aside from a few lowbrow gags?

• Advertisement
Advertisement