Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cuckoo

• 21-07-2004 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Mick appeared on the Irish version of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" and towards the end of the program had already won £500,000.

You've done very well so far," said the show's presenter, ... "but for the million you've only got one lifeline left ... phone a friend.

Everything is riding on this question ... will you go for it?" "Sure," said Mick. "I'll have a go!"

"OK. The question is: which of the following birds does NOT build its own nest?

Is it
    (a) robin
    (b) sparrow
    (c) cuckoo or
    (d) thrush."

"I haven't got a clue," said Mick, ... so I'll use my last lifeline and phone my friend ... Paddy back home in Ballygoon." Mick called up his mate ... told him the circumstances and repeated the question to him.

"Fookin hell, Mick!" cried Paddy. "Dat's simple it's a cuckoo."

"Are you sure, Paddy?" asked Mick.

"I'm fookin sure."

Mick hung up the phone and told the TV Presenter he would go for the CUCKOO.

"Is that your final answer?" asked the host.

"Dat it is, Sir."

There was a long, long pause, then the presenter screamed, "Cuckoo is the correct answer! Mick, you've won a million!"

The next night, Mick invited Paddy to their local pub to buy him a drink.

"Tell me, Paddy? .. How in God's name did you know it was the cuckoo that doesn't build it's own nest? I mean you know fook-all about birds."

"For fooks sake!" laughed Paddy,"Everybody knows a fookin cuckoo lives in a clock!"The Cuckoo

Mick appeared on the Irish version of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" and towards the end of the program had already won £500,000.

You've done very well so far," said the show's presenter, ... "but for the million you've only got one lifeline left ... phone a friend.

Everything is riding on this question ... will you go for it?" "Sure," said Mick. "I'll have a go!"

"OK. The question is: which of the following birds does NOT build its own nest?

Is it
    (a) robin
    (b) sparrow
    (c) cuckoo or
    (d) thrush."

"I haven't got a clue," said Mick, ... so I'll use my last lifeline and phone my friend ... Paddy back home in Ballygoon." Mick called up his mate ... told him the circumstances and repeated the question to him.

"Fookin hell, Mick!" cried Paddy. "Dat's simple it's a cuckoo."

"Are you sure, Paddy?" asked Mick.

"I'm fookin sure."

Mick hung up the phone and told the TV Presenter he would go for the CUCKOO.

"Is that your final answer?" asked the host.

"Dat it is, Sir."

There was a long, long pause, then the presenter screamed, "Cuckoo is the correct answer! Mick, you've won a million!"

The next night, Mick invited Paddy to their local pub to buy him a drink.

"Tell me, Paddy? .. How in God's name did you know it was the cuckoo that doesn't build it's own nest? I mean you know fook-all about birds."

"For fooks sake!" laughed Paddy,"Everybody knows a fookin cuckoo lives in a clock!"

Comments

Advertisement