Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTFS wreaking my head

Options
  • 21-07-2004 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Right this is the story. I installed XP pro over my home edition and when I booted I no longer had any rights to any folders. So I installed Win2000 into another partition. using win2000 I could set the privilages the folders but this only works sometimes. My C drive is now a mess and I can access dam all. God I hate windows. Is there a way to wipe the security of the entire C drive so that all can be accessed again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

no, but you can reclaim ownership of folders. look here for instructions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Clearz, you've really messed up your PC.

You should log in as administrator on WXP Pro, and take ownership of the folders.

Right click on the affected folders, select properties, then the security tab, then the Advanced button.

Then you'll have access to everything.

Advertisement