Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom & IOL BB down DNS? (Swords)

• 22-07-2004 1:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

I'm using Eircom.
    Lost BB about 30 mins ago. DSL Sync still on and I can ping Eircom's network, but not DNS servers. I have WAN IP Address, but cant get out past Eircom's system.

ZENER is on IOL and has lost WAN IP so can't get out at all.
    Swords exchange also.

Any word of failure or maintenance ?

Cheers
    E. ( on dial-up !)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

using eircom dls here no problems at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭jm2k

well at least i'm not the only one! ...same prob here in Dunboyne, bout an hour ago with IOL.

DSL light is on ...but nothing from the net. I even did a factory reset with the modem (ZyXEL 623) and reconfigured again ..but nothing.

back to dial up for the moment

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i was down in Dunshaughlin too, back working now tho, first time my broadband went down since i got it beginning of February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭jm2k

Back working again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Blanch was down for the same amount of time - I was forced to watch Bruce Almighty:mad:, It's back now so I can relax :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Yeah lost connection too last night. Was getting Physical Line Errors and PPPoE server not found errors. Quite annoying. Haven't had a chance to check if it was back up (at home).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

was down in dundalk also around 12:00 am last night for 5 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dee mm

Yeah died at around 12.15am last night. Dont know when it came back, caused me to have an early night!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

happened for me aswell on Clicksilver.... so it wasnt their fault for once :D (blanchardstown exchange)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Originally posted by Gonzo
    i was down in Dunshaughlin too, back working now tho, first time my broadband went down since i got it beginning of February.

yea i'm round the corner from you gonzo, mine went from about half 12 last night till this morning, same again, first time mine was ever down, and hopefully the only time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

yeah had short dns troubles yesterday evening in ballyboden exchange, resetting the connection helped. bittorrent still worked though

Advertisement