Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL contracts

• 22-07-2004 9:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

Do any of the Irish isp's provide a DSL product with a 1-2 month rolling contract? Myself and fellow student scum plan on getting dsl in our house this year, but since we will only be there for approx. 8-9 months, a 1 year contract is unsuitable.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I think Netsource have 2 month rolling contracts. You will probably need to make up a VAT number though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

There will be a disconnection fee (it was €90inc vat most recently) involved with Netsource which eliminates any savings you make by going with them.

Sign up with UTV for a year contract and you don't lose that much for missing out on a couple of months (€30 a month).

Otherwise talk to IBB about their ripwave product which is now being rolled out across Dublin (if thats the part of the country you're in) and has only a 30 day contract on it. You don't have to sign up for a year apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

we'll be in carlow, unfortunately.

Cheers for the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

I thought the disconnection fee was done away with after 6 months by eircom ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

netsource are such bitches - what difference does it make to them whether I am a business or not?

(just got off the phone with them - they also claim that theirs is a 1 year contract now with payment quarterly)

• Advertisement
Advertisement