Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Doom 3 benchmarks

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

well my laptop has a 64m meg Nvida Geforce mobile card and it played Far Cry really well. Some effects had to be turned down a bit but the water effects were still amazing. WIll my machine be able to play Doom 3 at all? Without it looking crap? Its a 2.8 Mhz P4 Desktop proccessor with 512 of ram.

Moo

Ps: Thanks guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

A P4 @ 2.8GHz with 512Mb will be fine for Doom 3. Add a reasonable Graphics Card (high end GF4 or above) and it'll play reasonably well. The better the graphics card the more eye candy you can have on.

(There have been so many questions about the min Doom3 spec that it almost warrants a locked sticky saying what will work)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

buy the game.

If it doesn't play fast enough go out and build yourself a new PC.

Or chicken out and get an XBox.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Am I reading doom3 information right? Is it an openGL game? Or is it Direct X?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Hehe, OpenGL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭rabid

Saw this post on a Doom3 thread over on Blues News, which raised a smile....

52. Re: Damn... Jul 14, 14:57 ASLayerAODsk

so...if you get spanked online...its called getting 'pwnd'...and if you have no clue what your doing...your a 'n00b'....so i guess if your comp sux0rs the a55, then youve been 'd00m3d'???

Does your rig suk a55?

Say I should be able to suk in the medium zone...now where did I put that extra gig of ram.....

If you have not done so already download the
    Doom3_G4 off Fileshack or wherever you can find it................its only 11mbs (yes I'm blowin g0at5 dialup..)

Its classic - has a mixture of gameplay with interrupts from a slew of the ID dudes ie. Carmack, Duffy etc.

THIS GAME LOOKS FREAKIN AWESOME...... gotta love the last second of the movie when it cuts back to the TechTV hosts!!!!!

Roll on the 13th....................

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Guys there is a very simple solution to this.Instead of worrying which card runs a certain game better. Buy both cards. You can't fail to get good results.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

New benchmarks posted on Hardocp.

http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQ0

Pretty good.

The avg fps for my system was 47 @ 800x600; medium quality, lowest was 25 or something.

Advertisement