Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO offers?

Options
  • 22-07-2004 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm twenty two so don't qualify as a mature student, but I have applied for college this year. Can anyone tell me when the first offers come out?
    I know in some cases, they send offers out early to people who don't have to wait for their results. Would I fall into this category (as I did L.C. four years ago) or does this apply to Mature Students only? Any info appreciated;)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Surely that'd make no sense? If you're going in as CAO you'll be getting it at the same time as all other CAO people. They need all the results to determine the points for each course and then what you qualified for.

Mature students go in in different system thus they could get them earlier - not that I knew they could get them earlier but meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

So you don't know? ;) O.k. any ideas of when the offers will be posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

I don't know. I guess if you have 500 points and the cutoff last year was 350, you might get an offer straight away. Why not ring the college admissions office and ask?

Because I'm in work and they don't know yet that I might be going back to college:eek: I suppose I could email them. Do you's know anybody doing Language and Cultural Studies in U.L?

I just found out. The main round of offers will be issued on 23rd August. Some offers are issued on 4th August, mainly to mature applicants and overseas applicants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Originally posted by eljono
    I just found out. The main round of offers will be issued on 23rd August. Some offers are issued on 4th August, mainly to mature applicants and overseas applicants.

From what I recall from last year, round zero is for applicants who are not awaiting exxam results or overseas. It seems likely that you would fall into this category, but I'm not 100% sure.

Brendan

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Round zero covers mature students and people who deferred offers from the previous year and probably other categories. Surely it wouldn't make much sense to send out offers to first time applicants earlier due to already having results if they're just competing with other applicants on points before the other applicants results have become available, how would you determine if someone got the points? The CAO handbook is a bit vague on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

As I said, from what I recall. I honestly don't know the correct answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I'm not being smart but have you tried lookig at the CAOs website - www.cao.ie

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

As I said, I found the section on round zero offers quite vague on that matter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement