Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a bad reputation...

Options
  • 17-04-1999 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Last night, I saw a game with [EM]Jade in, (complete with the '-' before and after) and so I jumped on.

Immediately, Jade starts letting rip with a string of obscenities (on both the public and team channels) - before launching herself(?) into a tirade of TeamKilling (shooting people at the inv stations, mining the inv stations and ammo stations etc)

Anyhow, I twigged soonest that this wasn't Jade at all (I HOPE) but Cranky, doing his usual purile and pathetic attempt at disrupting our enjoyment of the game.

WE need to ban this guy permanently from the servers. I suspect a lot of people left that night thinking to themselves; Geez, what a bunch of a'holes [EM] are...

--Brit--

P.S. Teeth: You sent the info to my work address, could you send it to my Planet-Tribes address too please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I've also noticed that he is going around as [EM]Cranky now ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

Jade : was i on earlier??
    Me : yes
    Jade : hmmm

this was infact ThE jade, or mrs. teeth smile.gif
    and im inclined to agree with brit that cranky was using jade as an alias

what a ****in *********************************************

christ....it was a deadly game when he left, quite even, if perhaps the defence was a bit lacking! we try damnit we try...

</end hope_im_correct rant>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Cranky

The only time 'Cranky' logged on as Jade was WITHOUT the first dash. This omission was supposed to in fact be a CLUE that it wasn't the real Jade. When I mentioned to John, er, Jade, at work that Cranky had done so, he immediately suggested that Cranky go on as [EM]Cranky. Since we both work with lots of other folks who play Tribes on IGN, I have to believe one of them went on as [EM] Cranky, since Cranky did not.

Sorry Brit, Cranky does NOT spout obscenities, and, frankly, thinks you suck.
    He also knows the correct spelling of 'puerile', which you in your infinite foolishness do not. BAN AWAY!!! It wasn't me, and I'll just come on as somebody else, just like I've done for weeks now. Cheerio.

P.S. When Cranky was on as the Goddess Isis the other night, it was REALLY humorous to hear Jade come online and try to tell everybody that Cranky had been using his ID.
    Oddly enough, if Cranky hadn't told him, he'd just never have known.....

Oh yeah! A special thanks to SamSpuds for giving me a call and telling me about a hilarious incident (to me, anyway) where Jaguar became convinced that SamSpuds was in fact Cranky. I hope you all keep looking over your shoulders for the rest of your miserable Tribes lives, because you just won't ever know if Cranky is really there, or you're just being harassed by somebody because you behaved in some abominably STUPID
    way.

Ok, I admit it once and for all. I have been playing under Jades, Jags and Brit's nicknames on the IGN server and the Barryworld servers for the last week. And there is nothing you can do about it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

WHAT???
    You Dared to take the sacred name of my Wife and Sister in vain?
    A thousand curses upon your worthless hide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

sure who'd think SamSpuds was Cranky. I think the fact that Sam can actually play the game and doesnt verbally abuse other players would give it away.

Hey, Hecate: I can't recall one moment in a game when Cranky ever verbally abused anybody. Only here, on the boards.... Oh yeah, Sam has the Cranky password now, so he'll get his chance to tell you what a useless sod you are. If he so chooses....

Oh yeah: Osiris! I had to use your sis' name because your mom was too tired out from our recent tryst. She's not bad, for an ancient hag.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You can start by removing Cranky from the board. If you want to act like a prat do it somewhere else.

• Advertisement

Hobbes, don't you have anything interesting to say? Don't you ever tire of whining about 'Cranky?' Get a life, you whinging little toad.

Advertisement