Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One ot Two things.......(cont2)

Options
  • 20-04-1999 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Sorry Teeth, couldn't let sloshs last comment go unanswered.

Slosh, if you look at that quote again you will see a ? (question mark)
    I was not stating that the IGN was lazy, i was asking a question.
    I know from many years of quake about the great service the IGN has provided us with, and I have never, or will never knock that.
    The quote was simply a way to get some feedback from people.

Nothing more, nothing less.

[This message has been edited by Jade (edited 20-04-99).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

By saying "there has been talk of you cheating with health etc" you infer that I have cheated.

By asking "lazy ba$tards at IGN?" you infer that IGN are in your own words, "lazy ba$tards".

If you don't understand that, then I seriously think you should be attending whatever english classes you think Vaggabond should be on - because this is a basic concept of language.

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Jade

See the ? at the end of the senstence teeth, that symbol changes the sentence from a statement to a question.

Take what you preach and sign up for some english classes smile.gif

Lets begin.....

See there is a difference in the 2 sentences Teeth, lets take a look together.

"there has been talk of you cheating with health etc" = no question mark which means its a statement.

good boy, now, lets try something else,

"lazy ba$tards at IGN? = a question mark which means its a question asked by me.

I, by no means never said that I think the IGN is lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Fair enough, you don't understand.

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Um I was gonna say something here but I forget what it was.

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Cranky

Teeth, there HAS been talk of you cheating--at Jade's place of employment, for one. We are all aware of the capability of modifying various CS files, and we sometimes wonder why we occasionally see you 'walking thru walls' or, when you clearly have no repair pack in hand, you seem to miraculously heal yourself way more than the ol' .2 that a repair kit seems to do for some of us. What I think you, in your infinite wisdom, might have wanted to say to Jade was along the lines of, "You are implying that I cheat."
    I, for one, am the person who draws the inference.... And if you choose to refute it, then that's fine, since I suffer so much lag and packet loss that it's entirely possible that you return to base and change your underwear in the time it takes me to see you heal. Of course, I'm certainly not the only person who has implied that you cheat, nor will I be the last. Jade was merely reporting that OTHER people are talking about the possibility. He wasn't actually implying that it was true. Is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Cranky - hes probly killing u before you can use your own repair kit. If he kills 5 or 6 ppl in the base and gets all their repair kits, hes gonna last a lot longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

also - last nite I used repair kits to great effect - was standing outside the nme base on stonehenge for the longest time & got about 6 kills - would kill someone, be near death - run over where they died, picked up their repair kit (many people dont use them quick enough in a fight) use it to repair - twice I got back up to full health before i decided to sit on a mortar - ouch!

It's not that hard...

[This message has been edited by ChungKing (edited 21-04-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Ehldas

>Teeth, there HAS been talk of you >cheating--at Jade's place of employment, for >one.

That's odd : there's been talk of you being a
    schizoid imbecile who manages to juggle a large number of personalities each of which
    seems blissfully unaware of the existence of
    the others. Not that I'm suggesting anything,
    of course... just that there Has Been Some Talk(tm).

> We are all aware of the >capability of modifying various CS files, >and we sometimes wonder why we occasionally >see you 'walking thru walls'

We? Who's the 'We' in this sentence, lagboy?
    You're the only person I've ever heard mention this.

> or, when you >clearly have no repair pack in hand, you >seem to miraculously heal yourself way more
    >than the ol' .2 that a repair kit seems to
    >do for some of us.

Man, you really haven't a clue, do you.

Step 1 : go to enemy base.
    Step 2 : kill people
    Step 3 : if damaged, use healpack
    Step 4 : find one of the numerous corpses
    Step 5 : acquire healpack
    Step 6 : repeat as necessary, while ensuring a steady supply of corpses.

Check your logfile, check the number of kills, watch how many of them died before they had a chance to use their healpacks (i.e. two direct spinfusors, usually) and thus count the number of ambient healpacks available for use by anyone with enough neurons to move a mouse.

> What I think you, in your >infinite wisdom, might have wanted to say to >Jade was along the lines of, "You are >implying that I cheat."
    >I, for one, am the person who draws the >inference....

'The person'? With your amazing command of the English language, you will no doubt be aware that you have just said that you're the only person who thinks he cheats.

> And if you choose to refute >it, then that's fine,

A refutation tends to follow evidence of wrongdoing, not an empty accusation by someone who just happens to be inferior at playing the game in question, According To Some People.

> since I suffer so much >lag and packet loss that it's entirely >possible that you return to base and change >your underwear in the time it takes me to >see you heal. Of course, I'm certainly not >the only person who has implied that you >cheat,

Odd. You just stated that you were the person drawing the inference. Name any others.

> nor will I be the last. Jade was >merely reporting that OTHER people are >talking about the possibility. He wasn't >actually implying that it was true. Is it?

Right. Refutation time. Teeth plays from a standard dialup line from a house in Blackrock. Oddly enough, so do I. Equally oddly, I play from the same houset. Given the facts that :

a) I play from the same room as he does
    b) I play at the same times
    c) I have seen his setup and config files
    d) I've watched him play on many occasions while locked out of a server for a while

I can safely state that he does not cheat : he's just one of the best Tribes players in the country, and you're not.

From my point of view, and this is a purely personal observation drawn from my own experiences, you lead a truly sad life. You seem to have a number of personalities, none of which I or anyone I know likes, you like stirring up trouble, and you're not even good enough at playing Tribes to garner respect in that area.

Any time you want to prove a point, wander down to Nethouse on Friday, sit down, pull up a chair, and play Teeth or anyone else on an identical machine, an identical setup, and an identical connection. Hey, if you're paranoid, you can swap machines every 10 minutes. I bet you a tenner he kicks your *****through the nearest wall.

Get a life, Jade/Cranky/Mileena/Superman.

Ehldas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Jade

Ehldas, from your last post its sounds like you think Jade and Cranky are the same person.

I just want to assure you that we are completey different people.

Cranky however, decides thats it's ok to play on the servers sometimes using my name, Jags and Brits.
    I can't tell you how annoying it is, maybe he'll start playing under your name now and you'll get to find out.

While i'm on the subject, is there a way for example so if anyone has [EM] in their name (for example again) that they have to enter a console command to identify them everytime they log onto the server, and if they don't they would be kicked. This will stop any of this messing around with nicks.

[This message has been edited by Jade (edited 21-04-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Ehldas

Jade [Version 1 :-)] I know who you are :
    apologies if it sounded like I was talking to
    you. My comments were addressed to Cranky,
    and my inclusion of the Jade tag was because
    I've been on while he was using your identity.

• Advertisement

Gee, Ehldas.... That was a pretty impassioned post. I am truly impressed. You don't mention if you watch Dr. Teeth from below his desk, but I'll draw my own inference. Regarding your points, I'd enjoy spending as much time caring about them as you apparently cared about mine, but it would be a lie. I don't care about you, your opinion, or, for that matter, that of anybody else on this board. Obviously modification of CS files is beyond you, and that's fairly funny. Whether or not Dr. Teeth "cheats" is irrelevant. If it's within the capability of the game to override server scripts with client scripts, then doing so is just good, clean fun. If people tell me they have seen the doctor do things that they themselves cannot, who am I to argue? And why should I name them? If he hasn't modified scripts (and I don't believe that he has, actually), then he should just take the compliment. When you stop your verbal bootlicking, you might be a decent player yourself some day, if Dr. Teeth shows you how.

Thanks, Dar, for just replying to a post without trying to tear it to shreds! I don't have any issue with Dr. Teeth's skill. I have wondered on MANY occasions how, out in the wilderness (not in a base with corpses), he seems to get multiple health boosts (WITHOUT a pack.) As I mentioned in my reply to Dr. Teeth's infatuated housemate, I don't really think Teeth has modified any client scripts. Of course, he IS an admin on the server!!! (Gasp!) Just kidding!!! I really don't care HOW he does what he does, and I haven't seen him do the 'walk through walls' thing myself. The latter 'trick' sounds very much like a latency issue, and the health thing?
    Who knows? The original idea was simply to say that Jade was NOT implying that Teeth cheats. It's a 'don't shoot the messenger' analogy. I personally found Dr. Teeth's defensive tone about the possibility of cheating somewhat more damaging to his reputation than the actual possibility. Not only doth the doctor protest too much, but he also had to hire Ehldas as his public relations man!!!

Advertisement