Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few questions on V525

• 22-07-2004 12:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

Just recently upgraded to one of these but I have a few questions?

When set to the vibe and ring setting, it appears to vibrate for approx 10s before starting to ring out loud. This is too long for me, so is there any way of changing that?

Secondly, since i've upgraded, my number as been appearing as private on caller ID. Is there a way to change this in the phone, or will I have to contact Vodafone. Inmy Nokias, you could change this setting, but I haven't found it in the V525 so far.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Doublezero8

I know alot of the Stuff on the V525 is read directly from the sim card such as the MCN so it can't be changed through the handset . Maybe its the same for Caller display but i know if you contact Voafone they can activate it on thier end and it will work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I changed the callerID settings on the Vodafone website, using the self-service function.

Anyone know anything about the "Vibe and Ring" setting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

If anyone has figured out how to make the 525 vibrate and ring at the same time could they let me know the secret, it vibrates then rings, really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kenny

I'd be interested in finding out a way to change the vibe & ring as well.

Didn't figure out about the delay for ages, just kept wondering why the bloody thing wouldn't ring.

Kinda got used to it now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Naw, it's a nuisance when in your handbag (ladies only!!) by the time you hear it, and fish it out, the person has hung up. I just wish that it was variable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

The vibrate on it is too subtle. i never notice when it goes off in my pocket.

It's ridiculous not having it vibrate and ring at the same time.

Does anyone else notice when they take a photo and it's kinda dark it just comes out really grainy? I'll try and put a photo i take on it up somewhere to show yis. I'll post it here when i do

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kenny

Another thing is that the volume up/down button also changes the ring styles (if you press the button next to it after). Its always doing this in my pocket...

I find this more of a hassle than the vibe/ring thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Also it makes that annoying de de dum sound whenever that button gets pressed and its on loud or soft. Before i sent my phone back to get the camera fixed it only did that the second time you pressed it (like to get back to the clock on the front screen thingy) but they flexed the software and now it does it every time.... dastards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rorrison

Vibrate and ring is not possible- see reply from Motorola

Thank you for contacting Motorola.
    In response to your query .
    It is not possible to set V525 to ring and vibrate at the same time also not possible to extend Vibrate time or ring time .

For any further assistance or information please do not hesitate to
    contact us again.

Motorola Cellular Response Centre (UK)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

My brother wants to get one of these phones, and asked me to find out something before he buys it. According to the spec, it supports MP3 ringtones. How do you transfer the ringtones to the phone? Does it come with a data cable? Can you use IRDA? Any info appreciated....

Downloaded manual from Moto's site, and can't find any info.

- Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

there is no infa red only bluetooth,you can transfere by cable and you can download software to do this from numerous sites but you dont get a data cable with it.....im sure you can transfere data by bluetooth also if you have bluetooth on your PC....

Is it a regular USB port (A to B type), or is it a weird non-standard connection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

TmB wrote:
    Is it a regular USB port (A to B type), or is it a weird non-standard connection?

No, it's not a standard connection.
    This is the fella required http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/2990.htm

Nice one Sleipnir... thanks for the link.

The V525 and V300 phones have the Caller ID option and SMS delivery reports disabled in the software! You need to use a data cable and perform a "seem edit" to enable these features.

Advertisement